Aviation Mechanic - 2nd Shift - Now Hiring
| Verified Pay
|$33.00 - $45.00 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Build an Aviation Career You're Proud Of
At Western Jet Aviation, a company of StandardAero, we use our ingenuity and know-how to find solutions for the simple to the most complex challenges in aviation. Together, we get the job done and done well.
What's it like at Western Jet Aviation, a company of StandardAero
Collaboration, teamwork, and having each other's backs are the norm here. Our growth in this expanding industry means getting career stability and opportunities to grow. With great resources, an inclusive atmosphere, and a culture based on shared values, we'll support you in building a solid career with a team you can count on.
- Airframe and Power plant License Required, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of operating a personal computer or laptop.
- Knowledge of job-specific machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Capable of repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Capable of determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Able to perform tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Able to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to monitor gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Gulfstream maintenance experience (any model GII through G550) preferred
- Corporate jet experience performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include: 12/24/36/72-month inspections
Benefits that make life better
- Competitive Wages (Pay for Performance)
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off Starting on Day One
- Bonus Opportunities
- Education Reimbursement
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training Opportunities
- Paid Relocation
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Safety Focused Culture
- Refer & Earn Program ($1,000 referral bonus)
- WesternJet Career Academy
Salary: $33-45 per hour based on experience
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers' missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
It is StandardAero's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.