Verified per hourThe Salvation Army USA Central Territory • 2h ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourThresholds • 2h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCSL • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCSL Behring • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Verified Pay
|$15.00 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
The Salvation Army
Position Title: Youth Specialist - $15.00 per hour/15 hours per week
Develop youth & young adults in their faith, character and person through the corps programs and ministries. Increase local corps programs and outreach to youth & young adults. Provide oversight of multiple youth programs by providing program leadership and/or providing guidance, support and basic training to active youth leaders within Corps.
Participate in day camp and after school activities.
Report To: Corps Officer(s)
- Candidates must have a passion for fulfilling the mission of The Salvation Army and must be articulate in presenting the same to others.
- Candidates must successfully pass the pre-employment background inquiry and annual motor vehicle check with a valid driver's license.
- Associates degree in ministry related field preferred; significant related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage people and projects successfully.
- Team player, self-starter, and perform well with minimal supervision.
- Must have an interest and ability to work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to establish program policies and procedures; holding others accountable to the same.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience or capacity to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and work as a cooperative team member.
- Demonstrated awareness of budget resources and cost control, as well as assisting in planning and administering budgets.
- Proficiency in computer software applications, including demonstrated experience in using email, MS Office applications, Internet and Social Media platforms.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary, especially in emergency situations.
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Further the mission of The Salvation Army through ministry and spiritual development of youth & young adults.
- Provide Christian example and leadership to youth & young adults in order to encourage their spiritual development.
- Understand that programs do not necessarily have to be conducted in the corps facility, but can also be held at community centers, community rooms, schools, etc.
- Organize, recruit and train for Afterschool programming.
- Foster relationships with the School administrators and Family Liaisons
- Plan, schedule, develop and monitor a variety of educational, recreational, relational and spiritual development activities, events, and trips for children, youth and young adults that promote:
- Thriving individual spiritual, mental, emotional and physical development
- A healthy and safe environment for youth to learn
- Skills for productive participation in family and corps life, as well as their extended community
- Build and maintain positive relationships with existing youth leaders, parents and youth.
- Serve as an intentional mentor and role model: share meals and fellowship time; provide individual spiritual guidance when needed;
- Provide opportunity/training for youth & young adults to participate in volunteer/ministry opportunities.
- Record and maintain statistical information regarding youth related activities and participants.
- Attend and participate in Corps staff meetings.
- Plan, organize, and schedule youth activities for Spring Break and summer months as needed in the community.
- Build relationships with other agencies involved with or interested in youth to develop local resources:
- Meet with high school and college staff to find students who plan to go into the field of youth work/ministry and could be potential staff or volunteers.
- Seek to find those in the community that could provide leadership to Salvation Army youth programs, camps, outdoor events, and other activities.
- Work with community leaders to develop an environment for youth to thrive in all aspects of their lives. Seek to bring all youth representatives to plan, organize and implement needed programs/opportunities and to address problems and issues that relate to the youth population in the local community and corps.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere through appropriate conflict management, courteous demeanor, and professional and appropriate communication practices.
- Maintain compliance in The Salvation Army's "Safe from Harm" Certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned as related to The Salvation Army Youth programming processes.
- Regular Part Time, Non Exempt
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This Position is required to do basic business and office work. To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to talk and listen, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Individual must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. Individual must also be able to lift to fifty pounds. The use of Office and Computer Equipment is necessary. Vision abilities will require close vision. Work may be performed indoors and occasionally require outdoors to attend meetings or see employees. There is low to moderate noise level for this position. For some duties of this job, such as special events and outdoor activities, the employee will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.