Physician - Non-Invasive Cardiology - Covington, LA
About this job
Ochsner Health System’s John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking a BC/BE NON-INVASIVE CARDIOLOGIST to join our growing 7 member (3 interventional, 3 non-invasive, 1 EP) Cardiology group, at our health center in COVINGTON, LOUISIANA, located 25 miles north of New Orleans.
The Department of Cardiology includes over 80 cardiologists as members of the Ochsner Health System’s John Ochsner Heart & Vascular Institute, practicing at 5 community locations (Baton Rouge, Kenner, Covington, Slidell, and Marrero) and at our academic medical center in New Orleans.
Ochsner has 2 medical schools, including the Ochsner Clinical School affiliated with the University of Queensland in Australia and the Ochsner/LSU-Shreveport Medical School, and our ACGME accredited Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Electrophysiology training programs offer the opportunity to engage in research, and to teach and mentor students, residents, and fellows.
Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and the Gulf South.
- Group Subspecialty Practice
- Healthy mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Call coverage at only 1 hospital
- Full spectrum diagnostics including intraoperative diagnostic support for our Structural Cardiology cases
- Join a highly collegial system – wide group comprised of Non-Invasive, Interventional, Structural, and EP Cardiologists.
- Integrated practice model with a robust, internal referral network
- Ochsner Health Center – Covington in partnership with St. Tammany Parish Hospital are perennially recognized as one of the top Heart and Heart Surgery programs by U.S. News & World Report as well as Thomson Reuters
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Strong support from collaborative specialties
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
About Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.· EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.