est. per hourDispatchHealth Management • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Clinical Registered Nurse
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
| 100 E. Campus View Blvd
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
DispatchHealth is creating the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. As a key contributor toward that goal, the Advanced Care RN would serve a pivotal role in bringing individualized care to the patient’s home as an alternative to hospitalization. The ideal candidate brings advanced clinical, communication, and leadership skills to our innovative team. The Advanced Care RN provides direct, comprehensive care for patients and their families in an alternative setting. A true passion for connecting with patients and inviting them into the care team is a key factor for success. The opportunity for this position is to contribute to the creation and refinement of a novel care model while helping reduce hospital admissions, decrease ER utilization, improve patient success, and increase the patient and provider experience.What You'll Do:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients in alternative care settings
- Skills: Lab draws, IV insertion, medication administration
- Engage patients in their healthcare journey and provide meaningful education tailored to the patient
- Establish meaningful connections and trusting relationships with each patient
- Implements multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in Advanced Care program services
- Works closely with the Advanced Care leadership team to support and promote the care redesign of Advanced Care program services developed to provide 24/7 comprehensive care delivered in the home as an alternative to a hospital stay
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, and implementation of day-to-day clinical activities for patients.
- Ensures appropriate DME and services are ordered and initiated in a timely manner.
- Acts as a central point of contact for all navigated patients; including interaction with medical, nursing, and ancillary services.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff and skilled services in the planning and implementation of patient and education plan.
- Participates in the patient education and engagement; ensures educational goals are on track, actively assess the patient for understanding.
- Monitors patients daily for compliance with the plan of care and tracks order completion and follow up engaging with the patient throughout the episode of care.
- Assist patients and care partners with referrals to community resources and care coordination that can assist with the social determinants of health as needed.
- Monitors patient’s progress to goals in the post 30-day period.
- Designs or participates in the creation of Advanced Care materials (education materials, assessment plans, interdisciplinary plan of care etc).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Lift & carry equipment/supplies weighting up to 50 pounds long distances
- Push or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Walk long distances and up/down several floors of stairs
- Twist, bend, stoop/squat frequently throughout the day
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands, including reaching overhead/above shoulder level, below the waist, and in front of body
- Move within confined spaces
- Maintain physical tolerance and balance in multiple positions
- Stand (at patient's side during treatment, etc.)
- Sustain repetitive movement (CPR compressions, bagging, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Certification/Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure from a state participating in the multistate privilege to practice compact with Ohio
- Minimum of 2 years acute care nursing experience
- BLS and ACLS Certified
- BSN, preferred
- Clinical Excellence: the Advanced Care RN must exhibit strong clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills. Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the Advanced Care RN implements and evaluates patient’s plan of care and their progression towards goals.
- Strong communication skills: the Advanced Care RN cannot work in a silo – much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to meet patient and care team needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a must.
- Cultural openness: the Advanced Care RN will be open to learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from the navigator’s personal culture and beliefs. The Advanced Care RN is willing to listen and be a liaison between the patient/family/caregiver and the medical providers, in developing a plan that is medically sound and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others: this may seem like a given, but the Advanced Care RN role requires the nurse to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality: most nurses are sensitized to patient confidentiality, from the HIPAA training they’ve received from employers. However, nurse navigation may require an additional layer of awareness.
If the following value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you’ve been looking for!
- Build trust as the foundation of providing the highest level of care.
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human connections.
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to promote involvement, understanding and safety.
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Get to know us! Watch the video to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on , , and to learn more.