est. per hourSunbelt Staffing • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $165,000 - $175,000
Verified per yearCoordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI) • 7h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Journeys End Refugee Se • 12h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourActalent • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
2024 Medical Device Safety Intern -Illinois - Full-time / Part-time
|Binghamton, New York
About this job
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com .
Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube , and LinkedIn .
Medical Device Safety Overview
Envision spending your summer working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders, all while gaining world-class experience in one of the most dynamic organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a reality for AbbVie Interns.
The Pharmacovigilance, Patient Safety, Epidemiology, and Quality (PSEQ) organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand, and communicate the safety profile and ensure quality standards of AbbVie products to protect patients worldwide.
The Medical Device Safety team plays a critical role in evaluating safety data relevant to AbbVie for medical device products. The team is a high-profile and high-impact group of physicians and other health care professionals who work in close collaboration with a broad range of cross-functional colleagues. The team works collaboratively to provide product data analysis, signal monitoring, and product insights so that together as a team, the Product Safety Team can implement appropriate actions to ensure patient safety.
As an Intern on the team, you are at the forefront of working with leaders to identify critical priorities and drive high-value projects that make an impact on the safety of our patients.
Key responsibilities include:
The Medical Device Safety Intern will join a team of highly qualified physicians and other professionals who provide a wide breadth of experience in supporting a large portfolio of combination products and stand-alone devices. This team works collaboratively with a broad range of cross-functional team members to ensure a seamless end-to-end lifecycle for every product.
The Medical Device Safety Science Intern will require medical knowledge and an understanding of basic process and risk concepts to contextualize safety data or basic engineering concepts as they apply to device safety and quality. During this internship experience, the Intern will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with colleagues in clinical operations, quality assurance, post-marketing surveillance, human factors, and quality analytics.
- Support medical safety consultation activities in matters related to risk/benefit and proper product safety usage as needed.
- Understand concepts of benefit and risk of devices, and application of these concepts in clinical practice as well as in public health.
- Gain understanding of risk management regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Participate in root-cause investigations into medication use errors, device failures, and human factors-related use errors.
- Actively participate in at least one advisory group and lead the analysis and interpretation of a safety issue as it pertains to risk/quality.
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related scientific/engineering degree
- Must be enrolled in university during the internship period
- Expected graduation date between August 2024 - July 2025
- Experience with medical devices or medical device safety
- Quality-related course work or experience
Benefits and Amenities
- Competitive pay
- Travel, transportation and lodging support for eligible students
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.