CVOR Technologist - $30-54 per hour
|Falls Church, Virginia
About this job
Inova Health System is seeking a CVOR Technologist for a job in Falls Church, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: CVOR Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Staff
The CVOR is located on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus within the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI) for adult cardiac surgery and Inova Women’s and Children’s Hospital for pediatric/congenital cardiac surgery. The CVORs are state of the art with Stryker integrated video and a Philips (Single Plane) Hybrid OR with a total of 7 operating rooms serving all cardiac surgery needs including thoracic organ transplant (heart and lung), mechanical circulatory support, structural heart, congenital, and advanced aortic surgery. This position is eligible for a $10,000 bonus and relocation assistance. This position is full-time night shift role.
The Surgical Technologist 2 demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice in the role of the first scrub. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of aseptic and surgical technique. Demonstrates responsible behavior as a healthcare professional. Identifies variances from expected outcomes and responds to changes in patient needs.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of anatomy and is able to anticipate the required instrumentation for each step of a surgical procedure.
• Expedites the operative procedure by anticipating the needs of the surgeon.
• Keeps the circulating nurse informed of upcoming patient care needs.
• Demonstrates collaboration with other team members in planning/giving patient care.
• Serves as a resource in at least 2 specialty areas/procedures.
• Performs in preceptor role for new & experienced staff in the scrub role.
• Provides working knowledge of powered instrumentation, video equipment, microscopes, and complex instrumentation, equipment.
• Assists in the evaluation of new products and equipment.
- Education : Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Experience: 2 years of previous CVOR experience as a Surgical Technologist or Surgical Technician.
- Certification: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) via NCCT BLS via AHA required; Must be eligible for Surgical Technologist registration via Commonwealth of Virginia at time of hire. Registration must be completed within 6 months of hire. VA DHP Surgical Technologist
- Other skills: Verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
Inova Job ID #649691. Posted job title: surgical technologist- cvor