RN Float Specialty - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$36 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida Citrus Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Registered Nurse Float Pool PRN to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida Citrus Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida Citrus Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Registered Nurse Float Pool PRN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Specialty Float Pool. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care in our medical surgical & telemetry/progressive care environments. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
· You will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate the care of ED and ICU level patients.
· You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions
· You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
· You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
What qualifications you will need:
· Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
· Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
· Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
· Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
· Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Since 1957, HCA Florida Citrus Hospital has grown from a single community hospital into a regional powerhouse with over 200 licensed beds. We are proud to be celebrating over 50 years of healing as the leading provider of healthcare in the surrounding area. We offer 24-hour emergency room services, heart and vascular care, orthopedic and spine care, women's services, primary stroke center, minimally invasive surgery including robotics and bariatrics. We also offer outpatient wound care, diagnostics, laboratory and rehab services. We are the home of Citrus county's most comprehensive Heart and Vascular Center. Our Heart and Vascular Center is known for its innovative design and outstanding clinical outcomes.
At Citrus Hospital, our patients become our family. You may recognize many of our colleagues. They’re your neighbors and friends. Over 80 of our colleagues were recently celebrated with the 10+ years of service award. That’s the advantage of receiving care in a community hospital that offers more personalized care. We have been consistently top-rated in surgical excellence. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you’d like to be a part of, we hope you’ll consider a career at Citrus Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Registered Nurse Float Pool PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.