Registered Respiratory Therapist - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$30 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Registered Respiratory Therapist with HCA Florida Ocala Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
$7,500 sign-on bonus available for eligible new hires! Relocation assistance may also be available!
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Ocala Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Respiratory Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - NIGHTS (Day shift positions also available!!)
The Respiratory Therapist coordinates and delivers high-quality, patient-centered respiratory care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. As a vital part of the patient care team, the Respiratory Therapist performs a variety of diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and monitors patients receiving invasive and noninvasive mechanical ventilation.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform and document patient assessment, including breath sounds, airway patency, and cuff pressure. You will conduct diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, respiratory therapy.
- You will administer respiratory care therapies, including oxygen delivery, aerosol medication delivery, and chest physiotherapy.
- You will assist with placement of artificial airways. You will initiate, monitor, and maintain mechanical ventilation.
- You will monitor patient for therapeutic response. You will notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response.
- You will assist with transportation of ventilator-dependent patients.
- You will respond to emergent patient situations and ensure airway integrity and adequate ventilation during resuscitation as required.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate Degree or Vocational School Graduate
- Florida Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- NRP - Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital is a 288-bed facility. We are located in the heart of Ocala, Florida. Our hospital is a part of Ocala Health. We are home to Florida West Marion Hospital, HCA Florida Summerfield Emergency, HCA Florida Maricamp Emergency and HCA Florida Trailwinds Village Emergency. Our facility is a Level II Trauma Center. We are the region's only Comprehensive Stroke Center. We are committed to patient-centered care. We offer a host of quality and award-winning services. Our services include orthopedic, cardiovascular, emergency and neurological care, robotic and weight loss surgery and rehabilitation services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.