est. per hourKwik Shop • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $19.37 - $21.99
Verified per hourStarbucks • 1h ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourBuffalo Wild Wings • 6h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- TJ Maxx • 15h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTractor Supply Company • 15h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Thrift Store Clerk
| Estimated Pay
|$15 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Job Objective: Handling and pricing of merchandise for sale. Rings up merchandise, totals bill, accepts payments and makes changes for customers in thrift store by performing the following duties.
- Process merchandize efficiently following the standards set by the Store Manager
- Pricing unmarked items of merchandise
- Hang clothing as instructed
- Stock racks, shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Cleans shelves, counters or tables
- Ring up purchases for customers
- Operates cash register, accepting payment and making change
- Wraps or bag merchandise for customers
- Help set up displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales
- Maintain good customer relations by giving prompt, courteous assistance to customers
- Follow through on rotating and outdating merchandise
- Insure proper use of assigned equipment
- Assure that the building and grounds are kept clean of trash and donated items
- Maintain and clean restrooms, foyer, trash, windows and floors
- Report complaints, damages and concern to management
- Support the mission of The Salvation Army
- Other duties as assigned by the thrift store manager or corps officer
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Retail experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situation to customers, clients and other employees
- Ability to use basic office equipment including cash register, copy machine, fax machine and telephone
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide numbers
- Ability to perform operations using units of American money
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work in a team environment
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Requirements: Include, speaking, hearing and vision; excellent manual dexterity; lifting, pulling and pushing of materials up to 30 pounds; bending, squatting and walking; standing up to 8 hours per day. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical retail store environment.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.