Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric Senior Adult - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$37 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Apply today! $12,000 Sign On Bonus for eligible candidates and cannot be combined with other bonuses or HCA loan/scholarships.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric Senior Adult opening with RPC-Cass Regional Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
RPC-Cass Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric Senior Adult for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. The Behavioral Health program provides individual treatment for adolescents and adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders. As an RN on the acute inpatient unit, you will provide professional, skilled, age-specific psychiatric nursing care for patients in collaboration with physicians, social workers, mental health counselors and other disciplines. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
What you will do in this role:
You will perform comprehensive patient assessments to include patient/family readiness for participation.
You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN’s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
You will participate in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions.
You will administer medications in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
You will provide education and emotional support, appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance, and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Current State of practice RN licensure required within 90 days of Graduation OR Active License
Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
BLS certification required upon hire.
Previous clinical experience preferred
Prefer one year of inpatient psychiatric experience.
Basic computer skills
is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. â€¯In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Psychiatric Senior Adult opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.