- Butterball • 2h ago
Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Electrical Technician- Maintenance
| Verified Pay
|$25-$31.35 per hour
|Clinton, North Carolina
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
A great job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world's largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we're a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees. We're looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
Looking to move? We will help! Ask about our Relocation Assistance package for Skilled Trades roles! Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Lump Sum payments
- Agents to help you sell/ buy
- Lease Termination Assistance
- Moving of goods and vehicles
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
The Electrical Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing electronic and electrical systems and providing technical support to other team members when needed. Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
- Maintains and installs communication cables, power distribution and wiring required for equipment as well as computer systems.
- Installs, modifies and repairs all electrical/electronic devices.
- Assists maintenance technicians when troubleshooting electronic and electrical issues.
- Maintains involvement with operations of the plant processing equipment and scale systems.
- Demonstrates strong safety leadership skills and follows safe work practices.
- Follows food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Works as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs.
- Receives work order/request, reviews to determine tools, equipment, time, manpower, parts, and supplies needed.
- When responding to crisis calls will always arrive at the scene with basic tools and equipment necessary to perform work.
- Read blueprints, schematics (including electrical), wiring diagrams, technical manuals, etc.
- Maintains various activity records and logs.
- Observe equipment or machinery while in operation to detect malfunctions.
- Test major subsystems or components to localize problem using specialized equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on various electrical/electronic systems and components. Install new equipment/appliances including utilities (i.e., communication data lines, electrical components).
- Responsibilities include installing, trouble shooting, and maintaining, electrical controls/components in accordance with manufacturer's specification, local regulations, and Smithfield safety policies.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance schedules on mechanical equipment such as pumps, packaging and slicing equipment, harvest and cutting equipment used in manufacturing environment as it relates to electrical/electronic components.
- Working knowledge and skills in operating a variety of small hand tools and devices used in electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repairs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of related experience and/or training in an industrial mechanical maintenance or food manufacturing environment; or 4 years' direct experience in an industrial mechanical maintenance or food manufacturing maintenance environment, required.
Strong knowledge of AC/DC motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, and troubleshooting.
Computer/device communications using standard protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Device net, Modbus, Hart, Serial
Knowledge of programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Ignition. (Preferred)
Knowledgeable in processes such as food processing/packaging, water treatment, refrigeration, and boiler control. (Preferred)
Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds utilizing the buddy system or specifically designed lifting devices
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees. Also, education benefits available to full and part-time Smithfield team members on their first day of employment
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.