Verified per hourACE Hardware • 11h ago Urgently hiring 7.2 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAgape Care Group • 1h ago Urgently hiring 15.2 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourYarco Company Inc. • 4h ago Urgently hiring 9.3 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- UP TO $21.00
Verified per hourYarco Company Inc. • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiring 10 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourLife Care Center of Grandview • 1h ago Urgently hiring 16 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- XPO • 2d ago
Urgently hiring 5 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- XPO • 2d ago
Urgently hiring 2.9 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSPECTRUM • 4d ago Urgently hiring 11 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRotech Healthcare Inc. • 3h ago 18.9 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Shipping Supervisor - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$18 per hour
|Kansas city, Missouri
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
This position supervises the shipping dock department's daily needs and safely guides the crew to successfully meeting loading times to our sister plants and customers.
- Operates spotter tractor to move trailers in and out of docks at the plant.
- Reviews all shipments prior to billing and executes all billing and invoicing functions.
- Prepares necessary reports, providing explanations of any inventory adjustments or discrepancies. Distributes reports to Accounting department.
- Monitors labor costs and pallet costs to include Chep usage and inventories, monitors warehouse inventories, making adjustments when necessary.
- Monitors safety issues. Conducts safety inspections on a weekly basis. Monitors forklift checklist to ensure their safe operation. Monitors/conducts timely yard checks on trailer operation and fuel consumption.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee's supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Supply Chain or a related field and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Experience acting as a lead by providing training, coaching or mentoring to less experienced staff or through managing a process or project.
- Forklift, electric pallet jack and spotter tractor licenses preferred.
- Strong organization and good communication skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Understanding of inventory processes and ability to navigate SAP, ADC and Intermec Janus scanning hardware, preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good mechanical understanding and general knowledge of refrigeration units and trailer functions is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Shipping Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees. Also, education benefits available to full and part-time Smithfield team members on their first day of employment
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.