Crusher Plant Operator
| Verified Pay
|$20.00 - $22.00 per hour
|Jordanville, New York
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00 - $22.00
Line of Business: Aggregates
Position Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
No Overnights- HOME DAILY!
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Crusher Plant Operator for our Jordanville facility in New York.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
MILITARY VETERANS HEIDELBERG MATERIALS WANTS YOU!
Here at Heidelberg Materials we recognize how military experience can successfully translate into the civilian workforce and we are committed to giving veterans opportunities.
If you like to operate large machinery and work on moving parts, we have the perfect for you! Heidelberg Materials is seeking a dependable Crusher Plant Operator . This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of an aggregate plant’s crushing and screening process to produce finished aggregate products for use in your area's next big project! You could be helping to build tomorrow's improved roadways or new schools.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of an aggregate plant’s crushing and screening process to produce finished aggregate products.
- Operate/program the automated crushing and screening equipment for the quarry
- Visually observe and monitor gauges and of all equipment while in operation to maintain proper flow of material on belts, crushers and screens
- Maintain strong communications with all other plant employees to ensure efficient and safe workflow from quarry to crusher
- Identify appropriate material to produce quality aggregate material per job specifications
- Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends
- Perform routine maintenance on conveyor belts and crushing equipment including splicing, replacing idlers, pulleys, drive belts, bearings, changing of screens, cleaning and lubrication
- Shut down equipment as required in the event of an emergency, blockages or end of shift; coordinate/assist in required repairs
- Operate haul truck, skid steer or other heavy machinery
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; MSHA Part 48 training a plus
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years prior experience in the aggregate industry preferred; experience in aggregate plant operation and maintenance a plus
- Highly dependable, ability to work in fast paced environment
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment (haul truck, skid steer, etc.) and machinery a plus
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- Work Availability - Be available to work six days a week (Monday- Saturday) and occasionally on Sundays.
- Work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled