- $18.00 - $21.00
Verified per hourHeidelberg Materials US, Inc. • 2h ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Equipment Operator - Full-time
| Verified Pay
|$20.00 - $22.00 per hour
|Jordanville, New York
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00 - $22.00
Line of Business: Aggregates
Position Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
. Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
No Overnights- HOME DAILY!
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator for our Jordanville facility in New York.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
MILITARY VETERANS HEIDELBERG MATERIALS WANTS YOU!
Here at Heidelberg Materials we recognize how military experience can successfully translate into the civilian workforce and we are committed to giving veterans opportunities.
If you like to operate large machinery and work on moving parts, we have the perfect for you! Heidelberg Materials is seeking a dependable Heavy Equipment Operator . This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of an aggregate plant’s crushing and screening process to produce finished aggregate products for use in your area's next big project! You could be helping to build tomorrow's improved roadways or new schools.
What You'll Get To Do
Are you looking for a long-term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Heidelberg Materials is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator . This position will be responsible for the operation of mining equipment and/or for operating quarry equipment.
- Operates quarry mobile equipment, including, but not limited to, front end loader, bulldozer, and backhoe, to lift and transfer bulk materials, such as shot rock, sand, clay, or other bulk material, to trucks, hoppers, chutes or other areas of quarry. Drives haul trucks to transport materials throughout quarry.
- Maintain quarry floor and walls in clean and safe condition. Uses backhoe for scaling quarry walls following blasts. Clears snow or debris from quarry areas as needed. Advises supervisor of loose ground or other hazardous conditions in the work area.
- Grades roads using road grader. Fills in pot holes and generally maintains condition of roads throughout quarry.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on mobile equipment, including lubricating, fueling, and cleaning. Completes equipment safety checklist prior to using any mobile equipment.
- Assists in belt cleaning or repair as needed.
- Assists with the planning, assembly and detonation of industrial explosives for blasting in the quarry. Use seismograph to take readings during blasts. Duties may also include one or more of the following: determine amount and type of explosives to be used, and location of charges, use jackhammer or electric drill to bore holes for charges; assemble primer and main charge in hole.
- Functions as Crusher Operator to cover periods of vacation or absence.
- Normal work week may consist of five 8-hour days, call-ins, holidays and weekend as needed.
- Follows plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for resolution.
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of heavy equipment operation or other related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer experience
- Heavy Operator Certification - required
- Valid Driver License - required
- NYS Blasting Certification is a plus!
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled