Verified per hourHeidelberg Materials US, Inc. • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Haul Unit Operator - Full-time
| Verified Pay
|$19.00 per hour
|Johnsville, New York
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 19.00
Line of Business: Aggregates
Position Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits Year-Round
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for Winter Work and Learning New Skills
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Haul Unit Operator for our Heidelberg Materials facility located in St.Johnsville NY.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
MILITARY VETERANS HEIDELBERG MATERIALS WANTS YOU!
Here at Heidelberg Materials we recognize how military experience can successfully translate into the civilian workforce and we are committed to giving veterans opportunities.
What You'll Get To Do
Did you like to play with trucks when you were a kid? How would like to drive one in a Quarry (or underground mine)? Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Haul Unit Operator who enjoys operating and maintaining heavy equipment while maximizing productivity. The successful candidate will be responsible for transporting materials from the quarry to stockpiles. CDL License not required as this type of trucking is done on company property.
- Operate the haul truck to transport rock products to the plant and stockpiles as directed
- Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
- Operate other mobile plant equipment as needed (ie. Water Truck, Loader)
- Work in all areas of the plant as needed
- Report mechanical or maintenance issues with equipment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years prior haul truck (or other large mobile equipment) experience preferred
- Previous experience in open pit mining operations and aggregate products a plus
- Ability to work different shifts, holidays and/or overtime as required
- MSHA Part 48 training a plus
- Ability to learn stockpile and plant flow
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled