Manager, Sales Accounts
| Estimated Pay
|$66 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The Sales Account Manager will represent LyondellBasell at Customers in an assigned territory; planning and directing Sales activities for Polyethylene and Polypropylene resin at both established and prospective accounts. The position will work from an office in their home residence. Initial training will occur in Houston, TX and at our Technology Center in Cincinnati, OH. Success in this role will provide opportunities for increased account responsibilities in North America and potential for further advancement within LyondellBasell. This position reports to the Director, Polymer Sales, Western Region.
- To promote and sell Company Polyolefin products by interacting with established Customers, their Purchasing Organizations and Senior Management, including new prospects.
- A more in-depth knowledge of Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) and their process/application to specific Customer needs and requirements is required.
- Develop and administer Sales Contracts under the guidance and direction of Sales Management, Marketing Managers and Legal for the Sale of Polyolefin Products. Establish lasting relationships with appropriate customer contacts (up and across customer organizations) and manage these relationships through regular personal visits, phone contact, written correspondence, virtual video interface, entertainment, and engagement at industry events.
- Team player who collaborates and coordinates Sales activities with Marketing, Technical, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Operations Planning, Inventory Planning, Pricing, Manufacturing, and other functional areas to develop information to make strong commercial recommendations and decisions.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy, including succinct Account Plans with clear objectives, defined tangible value targets, and associated timelines to capture the tangible benefits and plans/activities in-line with strategic business goals. Driving the execution of the strategy will require effective account management of multiple influencing parties, making recommendations and offering creative solutions. A key attribute of this position will involve impacting and influencing stakeholders, both the external customer and internal commercial and Technical Organizations.
- Prepare pre-call planning for Customer visits, including the preparation of an agenda, slide presentations or other product/technical support materials needed to support the call objectives and goals.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of business software including but not limited to SAP, IBP, TEAMS, Power BI Dashboards, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as SalesForce.com to provide Customer forecasts, input/adjust pricing, monitor territory volume performance, and participate in order management.
- Consistently meets commitments, ensures accountability, sets goals, drives results, and places a focus on maximizing contribution margin expectations while managing overall performance consistent with company sales metrics.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Sciences, Engineering, Marketing or Business Management.
- 15+ years' experience in Sales or Procurement in the Polyolefins industry preferred; Polymers or Petrochemicals experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work and travel early/after-hours as needed to complete position requirements.
- Business Travel expected is 30%.
We are LyondellBasell - a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of the world's largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit or follow @ on LinkedIn.