Field Service Technician - Clearwater, MN
| Verified Pay
|$20 per hour
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
$2,500 Hiring Bonus!
$20 per hour starting pay! ON THE JOB TRAINING! No experience needed! Our Field Tech position is a great starting point to launch your career at Midco! This position can be located in, or within 15 miles of, Clearwater, St Augusta or Clear Lake, MN.
Field Technicians perform installation, disconnects and trouble calls of cable tv, fiber internet and phone services for residential/business customers. Our Field Technicians drive a company vehicle and wear company clothing. As a Midco team member, you will enjoy free & discounted fiber internet and cable tv; competitive benefits & pay; quarterly incentives; progressive career opportunities with pay increases; and training & advancement opportunities in telecommunications!
Perform basic service installations, disconnects and changes for residential and business customers. Preferred candidates live within 15 miles of service area.
Visit to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
- Perform installation work including but not limited to voice, video and data installs, and service changes and disconnects in customer homes and places of business.
- Complete Midco First Time Right Broadband I certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
- Troubleshoot and repair services from tap to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE), and signal leakage repairs.
- Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
- Record all required information on work orders, surveys, and referrals.
- Promote cable, internet, and other Company services and educate customers on the proper use of Midco's services, including how to add additional services, access help online, channel lineups, and proper equipment usage.
- Ensure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets; clear the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
- Appropriately manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner.
- Perform on-call duties as required.
- Possess knowledge of Midco's safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco's "Use of Vehicle for Company Business" policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco's privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- HS Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Maintain a current and valid driver's license and good to excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 84 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer's home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to .