- U.S. NAVY RESERVE • 29d ago
Urgently hiring 7.8 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAssured Hospice • 8d ago 7.6 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourChevron • 17h ago Just posted 8 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourExpress Employment Professionals • 4h ago Excellent pay 1.6 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourGallagher • 2d ago 2.7 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourUnited Pacific • 6d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourWALGREENS • 4h ago Just posted 10.3 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPenske Truck Leasing • 18h ago Just posted 1.6 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Construction Project Manager
| Verified Pay
|$101200 - $108900 per year
About this job
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Organization & Culture
Facilities Planning and Projects is responsible for establishing clear strategic direction and development of an integrated and prioritized asset management plan and policies relating to the facilities planning, scoping, delivery and operations and maintenance. This fast-paced organization of multi-disciplinary professionals (architects, engineers, master planners, interior designers, and project managers) tracks facility performance, evaluates and designs methods for prioritizing facility-related spending, monitors facility capabilities and evaluates risks to ensure facilities are managed in a manner consistent with JLL priorities and managed to building code compliance.
Note: All official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate client manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Support and facilitate client manager-assigned project or multiple projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the client manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Research the facility project type using industry references and benchmarks for the building type, analysis of plans of existing projects, consulting with subject matter experts familiar with the building type, and cost estimating services;
- Facilitate establishment of project goals and objectives by identifying business needs, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, resources and other initiatives, and assist the client manager in deploying the solution;
- Gather architectural and interior programming requirements for current state and future state in order to developing project scope, schedule, and budget for proposed facility projects;
- Prior to design, research and identify relevant codes and standards that may apply to the project, to include OSHA, NFPA, building codes, and client standards, that may influence project scope;
- Identify strategies to accomplish the project goals by assessing and conveying opportunities and constraints using functional relationship diagrams;
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to present project quantitative requirements within the context of the budget and schedule, to include space requirements, space efficiency, gross areas, labor estimates, estimated soft costs, and estimated construction costs per square foot;
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing program requirements, project delivery methodology, resource needs, and design and construction market conditions;
- Provide recommendations to the client manager on approaches to the work, roadmaps, work plans, and impacts to deliverables and goals for guidance and approval;
- Draft technical specifications and statements of work for design and construction;
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings;
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives;
- Draft project management plans, resource strategies and accurate estimates in order to achieve project goals.
- Identify and request necessary subject matter experts needed during the project;
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate client managers.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to gather project programming requirements in order to develop accurate project scope, schedule, and budget;
- With the review and approval from the client manager, define project success criteria – Key Performance Indicator (KPI) - and disseminate status reports of key deliverables to all involved teams throughout the project life cycle.
- Alert client manager of and obtain appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance;
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage;
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate client manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations;
- With client manager / personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner;
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by client manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions;
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis;
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan;
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Take a proactive stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate client manager or Contracting Officer;
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies;
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs;
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate client manager / personnel.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis; effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication;
- Project team communications and coordination;
- Inter-project team communications and coordination; and
- Implement Change Management.
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Facility Program and Functional Requirements;
- Scope Definition and Owner’s Project Requirements documentation;
- Project Management Plan;
- Requirements Traceability Matrix;
- Quality Assurance Plan;
- Project After Action Reviews and Lessons Learned recommendations.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
Education & Corresponding Experience (required on matrix)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture, Fine Arts, Construction Management or a closely-related technical field is preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields: 5 - 9 years of direct work experience in project coordination/management, including all aspects of interior design and occupancy/space planning, is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields: 7 - 11 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution AND completion of at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields is required: contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (NOTE: Resume content must validate minimum 24 semester hours in the fields listed to qualify for this position).
- No degree: 10 - 13 years of direct work experience in project coordination/management, including all aspects of interior design and occupancy/space planning, is required.
- Experience must include direct work experience in a project coordination/management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
Required Technical Skills & Experience (required on matrix)
- Professional knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and underlying concepts of architecture and associated disciplines, specifically in the areas of master planning, civil, mechanical, electrical, and space management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project.
Preferred Skills & Experience (optional on matrix)
- Experience in determining quantitative program and project feasibility.
- Experience in writing technical specifications and statements of work.
- LEED accreditation.
- PMP/PMI certification.
- Prosci Change Management certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Access.
- Proficiency with computer aided design (CAD) software and graphics software.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Experience in reviewing working drawings and technical specifications at various stages of completion for adherence with design scope and established standards.
- Experience conducting research into project-related issues and products.
Additional Requirements (not required on matrix)
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Energized Facility Permit is required within one year of assignment start. Type: Non-Electrical Worker Permit (JLL will supply training)
Estimated compensation for this position is:101,200.00 – 108,900.00 USD
The pay range listed is a total compensation range including bonus, if applicable. The provided range is an estimate and not guaranteed. An employment offer is based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Location:Hybrid –Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit .
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.