est. per hourFlorida Cancer Specialists, P.L • 2h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourOshi Health • 12h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
CRS Specialist - Full-time
| Estimated Pay
|$18 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children are safe, families are strong, and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for a talented CRS Specialist who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
The hours for this role are 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Purpose and Impact:
Responsible for conducting and organizing the Program outreach activities, community presentations and workshops in collaboration with the CRS Case Management Program Manager. Responsible for providing clients with Refugee Assessment and Referrals to the various in-house programs including adult education, employment, immigration legal services, mentoring, childcare as well as to other social service agencies. Incumbent will provide appropriate follow-up of referrals.
- Determines eligibility by requesting the official documents that proof that the participant is eligible for the program.
- Completes intake/assessment and all documentation for the client in the CMS system.
- Prepare individual and Family Self-Sufficiency Plans (FSSP) which includes baseline assessments for individual needs and goals, referrals for services, and follow-up assessment of their progress.
- Provide case management services to clients and their families.
- Completes ACCESS form for benefits such as Cash, Food Stamps, and Medicaid (if needed). Provide copy to client of Registration form and all documents sent to DCF.
- Maintain case files for each case in accordance with specifics of the CRS grant and LSF/DCF standards and procedures.
- Conduct Refugee Service Assessments (RSA) and referrals to determine tiered case management services.
- Prepare individual case plans (ICP) for each client receiving tiered case management.
- Arrange and refer clients to approved services, in accordance with the individual case plan, which include but are not limited to adult education, employment, mentoring, childcare, youth services, and immigration legal services as well as to other social service providers.
- Follow-up with referrals and recommendations to ensure that client goals are achieved.
- Coordinate and conduct timely home visits to clients enrolled in the program.
- Work closely with community partners to facilitate referrals and secure appropriate services based on ICP.
- Assist in developing a network of medical, psychological, faith-based organizations, social and legal professionals to provide low-cost or pro bono services for clients.
- Responsible for staying abreast of new resources available and to changes made to existing programs and services in the area.
- Responsible for entering accurate client information, case notes in a timely manner, and all other required forms and documents.
- Prepares Program reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- May enter all financial transactions of the client’s funds into the CMS system as well as accounting per procedures in a timely manner.
- May create and document check request vouchers for all clients per scheduled if necessary.
- Must possess a clean/valid Florida Driver License, reliable transportation and proof of insurance (transcript of driving record will be requested from the Department of Motor Vehicle at the time of hire).
- Completes inventory control data entry form from DPVs, enters information in the database, and tags all the equipment and furniture regularly.
- Provides indirect supervision of Case Aides.
- Assists manager with RFP and other project.
- Assists Manager in enforcement and attaining program goals.
- Provides training to program staff if necessary.
- Able to travel to other counties.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to utilize office equipment.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
Bachelor's degree in a Social Work or behavioral/human services field required, or equivalent education and/or experience providing social services.
- Case management experience is strongly encouraged.
- 3-year experience preferred working with refugee or immigrants.
- Cross-cultural or international experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect families to community services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical assessment and analysis skills
- Ability to work and deal a diverse group of clients.
- Must be able to keep confidential information.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Reports to Manager
- Must be a team player with monitors as well as other clerical staff.
- Accurate, complete and timely submission of required reports and documentation to DCF & LSF.
- Effective working relationship with clients (providers).
- Adherence to LSF policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teladoc (24/7 access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.