| Estimated Pay
|$19 per hour
|Durbin, West Virginia
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain Resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself. Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the mountain!
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at 14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket Vouchers
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes alcohol)
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned retail locations.
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs...what's important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
Maintain resort vehicles and equipment to be safe and operational. Will be tasked with performing preventative maintenance, analyzing and trouble shooting malfunctions. Also, repairing, fabricating, or replacing defective or broken parts and performing periodic inspections to ensure safe operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job result satisfactorily. The employee is responsible for the following "job results"
- Insures safety of all vehicles and equipment
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and services
- Follows all manufacturer prescribed testing or maintenance
- State inspections when required
- performs testing and periodic inspections on vehicles and equipment
- Completes all required maintenance logs, work orders and records as needed
- Insures vehicles and equipment are operational
- Troubleshoots and analyzes malfunctions
- Repairing, replacing or fabricating defective or broken parts
- Maintain historical records
- Filling out and turning in repair work orders
- Ensuring that proper shop maintenance records are filled out and turned in
- Maintains safe work area
- Using proper PPE (personal protective equipment
- Following proper procedures and policies
- Keeping work area neat and clean
- Keeping tools and equipment clean and operational
- Following all manufactures safety policies and procedures
- Attending company and departmental safety training meetings
- Provide a great experience to guests
- Conducting yourself in a friendly and courteous manner at all times and providing efficient timely service to guests and other staff
- Keeping shuttle busses safe and operational
- Maintaining grooming machines and snowmobiles to keep them safe and operational
- Keeping snow removal equipment sage and operational
- Ensuring that all other company vehicles and equipment are safe and operational
- Assisting guests with minor vehicle problems, other assistance or providing information to guests
- Maintain inventories
- Checking stock to determine inventory level, and anticipating needed supplies
- Informing manager in a timely manner when inventories of parts and supplies are getting low
- Filling out all paper work for requisition of parts and materials
- Maintains technical knowledge
- Reading technical manuals, books, bulletins, movies etc...
- Contributes to team effort
- Accomplishing related results as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or GED; and, Technical school for mechanics, or 2 year Apprenticeship.
Specific Experience: Work as a mechanic on vehicles, grooms, heavy equipment, small engines, hydraulics, electronics for vehicles and equipment.
Length of Experience: 3 years
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility for driving change
- Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
- Guides employees through periods of change, even during difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in writing
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and others; Ensures thank-yous are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests' expectations
- Takes steps to provide epic experiences that are wild, memorable and unexpected
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
- Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based on changing business needs
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was is required for successful, cooperative and fun team success
Position may require occasional overnight or day travel. Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer