Respiratory Therapist - $29-58 per hour - Now Hiring
| Estimated Pay
|$39 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Inova Health System is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a job in Alexandria, Virginia.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Respiratory Therapist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Staff
Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking Respiratory Therapist 2 to join the team. This position full-time (36 hrs/week) with a varied shift and schedule. We offer a great Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 Referral Bonus, and Relocation Bonus! Plus, don’t forget about our other amazing benefits and perks!
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Tuition reimbursement and Educational Assistance
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
- Free Parking to all employees
- Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
See Full List of Benefits Here: 2024 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
Requirements for consideration:
- Graduate of an accredited CoARC (The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) respiratory care program.
- Six months in a critical care environment or one or more years of specialized training in advanced diagnostics/pulmonary rehabilitation as a practicing Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care or R greater than 10 years as a Certified Respiratory Therapist as defined by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support from AHA upon start
- Advanced Certifications (ACLS, PALS or NRP) must be obtain within one year from date of hire.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist and eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Knowledge Skills and Capabilities:
- Training in advanced bronchial pulmonary hygiene therapies and modalities.
- Familiarity with blood collection techniques (i.e. Aterial/Capillary Puncture).
- Proficient in English.
- The Respiratory Therapist 2 administers basic/advanced respiratory care therapeutics and diagnostic services with skill and proficiency.
- Performs basic clinical assessments of the cardiopulmonary system with a high degree of accuracy. Occasionally performs thorough/advanced cardiopulmonary clinical assessments with appropriate inclusion of other systems (e.g. cardiovascular, nutritional, neurologic, etc.).
- Administers advanced respiratory therapeutic interventions (e.g., heliox, nitric oxide, CNB, Chest Wall Oscillation, etc.) with moderate proficiency and occasional supervision.
- Establishes and manages basic mechanical ventilation with the most commonly used ventilators with high proficiency and minimal to no supervision. Uses complex forms of mechanical ventilation (e.g., HFO, NPPV, PRVC, transport) with moderate proficiency and occasional supervision.
- Performs weaning mechanics as ordered with high proficiency in more than 90 percent of ventilator patients cared for.
- Reviews the need for continuing ventilator support (i.e. spontaneous breathing trial, weaning) in more than 90 percent of patients cared for with a high degree of proficiency on a daily basis. Routinely develops or refines ventilator care plans and communicates to the patient care team.
- Formulates a plan of care for most patients based on patient diagnostics data, response to therapy and physiologic profiles. Ensures that therapeutic plans are sound and consistent with the departmental standards of care.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.
Training in at least two age group populations. § 54.1-2408.4. Temporary authorization to practice. A. A health care practitioner licensed, certified, or registered in another state or the District of Columbia may temporarily practice for one 90-day period, provided that the following conditions are met:1. The practitioner is contracted by or has received an offer of employment in the Commonwealth from a licensed hospital, a nursing home, a dialysis facility, the Department of Health, or a local health department;2. The employer or contractor verifies that the out-of-state health care provider possesses an active and unencumbered license, certification, or registration for the profession in which he will be employed or contracted in another state or the District of Columbia;3. The employer or contractor obtains a report from the National Practitioner Data Bank if the applicant is subject to reporting; and4. Prior to the out-of-state health care practitioner's practicing, the employer or contractor notifies the appropriate health regulatory board that the out-of-state health care practitioner is employed or under contract and will practice under the temporary authorization. This notice shall include the out-of-state health care practitioner's out-of-state license, certification, or registration number and a statement that such practitioner meets all of the requirements set forth in this section. B. If the health care practitioner practicing with a temporary authorization has submitted an application for licensure, certification, or registration, the applicable health regulatory board shall expedite such applications for out-of-state health care practitioners practicing pursuant to this section. If licensure, certification, or registration remains pending after the initial 90-day temporary authorization, the authorization may be extended for an additional 60 days, provided that the employer or contractor submits notice to the applicable health regulatory board. C. Out-of-state health care practitioners practicing pursuant to this section shall be subject to the laws and regulations of the Commonwealth and shall be subject to disciplinary action by the applicable health regulatory board. D. The Department of Health Professions shall, beginning July 1, 2023, annually report to the Chairmen of the Senate Committee on Education and Health and the House Committee on Health, Welfare and Institutions the number of out-of-state health care practitioners who have utilized the temporary authorization to practice pending licensure and have not subsequently been issued full licensure.2022, cc. 463, 464.
Inova Job ID #649640. Posted job title: respiratory therapist 2 fulltime