- $44.38 - $64.73
Verified per hourKindred Hospital Paramount • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFountain Valley Regional Hospital • 4d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourKaiser • 4d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekVibra Travels • 4h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $58,000 - $64,000
Verified per yearPrime Home Health • 6h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourMeadow Creek Post-Acute • 4h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourFresenius Medical Care • 24h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourExcell Home Care, Inc. • 6h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
RN ICU Full Time Nights
| Estimated Pay
|$62 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Up to $25,000 Sign-On bonus for experienced Registered Nurse / RN
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We’re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
RN ICU Position Summary:
- Interviews patient, family history, significant others to formulate nursing history.
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Documents primary assessment in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
- Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each patient.
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely manner.
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Provides for safety, cleanliness and comfort for patient.
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in dealing with infrequently encountered or difficult situations.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered, as patient's needs change.
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of organizational, staff and patient problems.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintains an awareness of legal aspects of nursing, including accurate/timely documentation
- according to standards/policy and procedure.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peer's patient care conferences.
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
- Provides evaluation materials in a timely manner.
- Participates in quality assurance programs and/or committees.
- Manages patients as a primary care giver.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize equipment in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrates basic computer entry skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in application of monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in recognizing and acting accordingly to life threatening arrhythmias.
- Attends skills lab (knowledge and clinical ability to perform)
- Point of care testing
RN ICU candidate will possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
- Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California RN license. Current American Heart Association BLS Certification.
- ACLS and Initial Dysrhythmia Recognition within 90 days of hire.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing;
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
Current American Heart Association BLS. ACLS certification and Initial Dysrhythmia Recognition within 90 days of hire
Skills and Abilities
Recent acute care experience preferred
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Pay range: $40.33 Minimum - $61.25 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305044072
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.