est. per hourHomeCall • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekPHP • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekHost Healthcare • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekSharp Nursing Medical Staffing • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekOneStaff Medical • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTravel Nurses, Inc. • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekCoast Medical Service • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekEpic Travel Staffing • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTrusted Health • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Nurse Educator - Medical Surgical Telemetry - Relocation Offered! - Full-time
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
General Summary of Position
About MedStar St. Mary's Hospital, Leonardtown, Maryland
Nestled in the waterside community of Leonardtown, Maryland, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a full-service hospital, delivering state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care. With innovative technology and a dedication to excellence, our staff is committed to providing you and your family quality medical care with a compassionate touch. Whether you receive medical care, utilize rehabilitative therapy or participate in a community screening, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital places a priority on delivering a positive healthcare experience.
* Competitive pay
* Job security
* Some of the best benefits around
* A place where you will be respected and accepted for the professional you are
* Countless opportunities to further your career in a high reliability organization
* A close-knit family that looks after each other!
- Partners with Nursing leadership in our Medical/Surgical/Pediatrics, department to provide unit-based Nursing Professional Development support.
- Participates in staff development activities and supports the delivery of the Nursing Residency Program
- Involved in competency assessment of nursing staff
- Operational assistance within assigned units as appropriate when requested
- Primarily responsible for hospital-wide nursing orientation coordination and delivery
Master’s degree in Nursing or Healthcare related degree field OR within 1 year of completion of Master's program.
Possesses and maintains current Maryland RN license.
Minimum of 3 years experience as an RN.
One (1) year teaching experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Master's degree in Nursing, Nursing Education required or
- Healthcare related degree field required or
- within 1 year of completion of Master's program required
- 3-4 years Minimum experience as an RN required and
- 1-2 years Teaching experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure Valid RN license in the State of Maryland. required
Why MedStar Health?
At MedStar Health, we understand that our ability to treat others well begins with how we treat each other. We work hard to foster an inclusive and positive environment where our associates feel valued, connected, and empowered. We live up to this promise through:
- Strong emphasis on teamwork—our associates feel connected to each other and our mission as an organization. In return, our effective team environment generates positive patient outcomes and high associate satisfaction ratings that exceed the national benchmark.
- Strategic focus on equity, inclusion, & diversity—we are committed to equity for all people and communities. We continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace where people feel a sense of belonging and the ability to contribute to equitable care delivery and improved community health outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive total rewards package—including competitive pay, generous paid time off, great health and wellness benefits, retirement savings, education assistance, and so much more.
- More career opportunities closer to home—as the largest healthcare provider in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region, there are countless opportunities to grow your career and fulfill your aspirations.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation, and research. Our team of 32,000 includes physicians, nurses, residents, fellows, and many other clinical and non-clinical associates working in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest home health provider in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar Health is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education, professional development, and personal fulfillment of our whole team. Together, we use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities. It’s how we treat people.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations. MedStar Health makes all decisions regarding employment, including for example, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefit eligibility, discipline, and discharge without regard to any protected status, including race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local EO laws. If you receive an offer of employment, it is MedStar Health's policy to hire its employees on an at-will basis, which means you or MedStar Health may terminate this relationship at any time, for any reason.