est. per hourRuMe • 14h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Maintenance Manager - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$57 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership to the PTD Maintenance Mechanics. This role is also responsible for managing the day-to-day maintenance work in assigned areas and ensuring that quality, timely and efficient repairs are made to equipment that improves reliability and increases process uptime.
- Reviews daily work order priorities, coordinates Safety and Work Permits with Operations as needed, promotes safe work practices, provides coaching and intervention on a daily basis, ensures that Safety requirements are met
- Schedule Maintenance work with the Operations after planning is completed; assist in the preparation and execution of weekly and daily schedules
- Execute work plans as Planner and assign tasks to best-qualified Mechanics to make the most of available resources. Handle any emergency jobs that arise during the day and coordinate labor and materials to make necessary repairs.
- Coordinate contractor maintenance work in area of accountability to ensure work meets quality, safety and plant standards
- Provide technical support to assist operations to troubleshoot and find root cause of equipment problems
- Work with operations to develop repair solutions that provide permanent repairs that improves overall reliability
- Execute follow-up work on mechanical items at the direction of area Process Engineer as a result of Hazop, RCFA, Turnaround findings, incident reports, etc
- Maintains accurate record keeping of all maintenance activities. Ensures that all required documentation is completed for each work order to ensure compliance with OSHA, PSM and ISO 9000 requirements
- Maintains area PM compliance at required levels and works with operations to eliminate PM backlog
- Assist Operations in coordination and preparation for Annual Turnaround work
- Assist in Controlling maintenance expenses in areas of direct responsibility and work to Identify and implement cost savings opportunities where possible
- Participate on area capital project teams as Maintenance Representative
- Identify and implement Maintenance Best Practices across the site in the areas of Safety, Mechanical Integrity, PPM, Planning, Reliability and SAP utilization. Acts as site Maintenance champion and insures consistency for all plant area Maintenance Groups. Provides coaching to Production Leaders on Maintenance Best Practices
- Establish and manage an evergreen Preventive and Predictive Maintenance program for the site. Manage and monitor the SAP system for the site. Optimize the utilization of the SAP system to manage all maintenance work, history and assist in the identification of chronic problems. Determine root cause of asset problems and implement permanent fixes to improve overall plant process reliability. Maintain the plant asset repair history files. Ensure that all departmental practices and procedures comply with OSHA, PSM and ISO 9000
- Bachelor’s degree required with 8-10 years of relevant work experience or High School diploma/GED required with 15+ years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with managing and leading projects including planning, scheduling, coordinating and following up
Stepan Company does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 22 global manufacturing locations and over 2,500 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.