Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - Nights
| Verified Pay
|$19.00 - $31.00 per hour
|West Winfield, New York
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Services Medical Director and Clinical Coordinator, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
- Complete physician prescribed respiratory care modalities while demonstrating a conscientious approach in their administration to the patient
- Verify correct and appropriate orders and takes action to clarify any discrepancies. Consistently responds to outcome of therapy and pursues any necessary changes to provide the most accurate drug dosage delivery device
- Gather appropriate information for a basis for evaluation, recommendations and treatments
- Document all relative information of patient assessments/treatments/education, on the appropriate form in a legible and complete manner.
- Thoroughly instruct patients and uses patient handouts when appropriate
- Assure respiratory equipment is set up correctly and operating properly. Alerts lead tech or supervisor of any discrepancies or questions. Follows up on lost or broken equipment with appropriate explanation.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret ABG values and communicates values to physicians making suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of respiratory care and/or certified or registered by the NBRC
- 3-5 years experience in hospital setting
- Current NYS respiratory therapist or technician license
- BLS/CPR certification
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Req Id 89344
Department RESPIRATORY THERAPY
Shift Hours Worked 12.50
Work Schedule UFCSM
Employee Status A1 - Full-Time
Union 2005 - CWA
Pay Range $19 - $31 Hourly