Med Tech - Employee Referral bonuses - Now Hiring
About this job
At Waterbury Hospital we offer :
• Sign on bonuses for experienced technologists up to $15,000.00
• Employee Referral bonuses
• Free Parking
• Education reimbursement
• Shift incentives
Responsible for the accurate performance of qualitative and quantitative analysis on patient specimens (including blood, body fluids other than blood, culture material, feces, etc.) using a variety of analytical techniques acquiring quality results. Perform hematological, chemical, serological, microbiological, clinical microscopy and transfusion procedures as defined by procedures manual. Relay information to appropriate individuals concerning critical values, abnormal results according to established policies.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment including exposure to all patient elements, i.e., blood borne pathogens, physical requirements: lifting, and caring of supplies, standing, walking and bending.
- Ability to interact with internal as well as external customers with tact and confidentiality.
- Ability to approach clinical responsibilities for patient care with regard to the laboratories vision, i.e., by providing high quality, cost effective and timely diagnostic/therapeutic services through the effective utilization of human resources and state-of-the-art technologists.
- Medical Technologist Certification (ASCP) or NCA or HEW equivalent
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- 1-3 years generalist experience including blood bank experience preferred.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.