- $22 - $32
Verified per hourHealthCare Support • 17h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAtlanta Women's Health Group, P.C. • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDispatchHealth Management • 4h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPiedmont Urgent Care by Wellstreet • 24h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hour626 • 14h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearAylo Health • 23h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekHealth Advocates Network, Inc. • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Eyetastic Services • 13h ago
Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourReproductive Biology Associates • 24h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Director, Sterile Processing
About this job
Results-Oriented Leadership of Sterile Processing:
- Oversight for the development of standards as related to SPD in accordance with regulatory agencies that support sterile processing and in coordination with the WellStar strategic plan and goals.
- Supervises the daily performance of all employees. Provides feedback and constructive criticism to employees to improve performance.
- Assists hospital departments in the proper use of sterilized and contaminated instruments.
- Develops and implements departmental performance activities and assures on going staff participation.
- Conducts an annual assessment of the sterile processing PI Plan, providing a written report, and revising the plan as indicated.
- Collaborates with leaders to align priorities and resources with hospital and system goals
- Plan and implement and provide appropriate support for key clinical quality and safety initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance on quality, safety and accreditation to operational leaders and timelines for new guidelines, regulations and processes.
- Maintains adequate inventory of instruments while being fiscally minded.
- Ensures established procedures and standards of practice are followed for decontamination, cleaning, processing, assembly and sterilization of reusable instrumentation.
- Participate in quality review of programs that includes LEAN principles.
- Provides a comprehensive competency based departmental orientation to all areas of SPD (decontamination, prep and pack, sterilization, case carts) to all new employees and
continuting education on an ongoing basis.
Maintains state of continuous survey readiness by:
- Coordinates and facilitates tracers and mock survey in accordance to regulatory agencies.
- Assures that they are conducted as required with timely reporting and support to hospital departments and managers. Participates in system-wide mock survey activities.
- Routinely reviews regulatory and accreditation standards. Ensure compliance by providing education, and assisting with proactive identification of non-compliant practices.
- Identifies high risk areas for regulatory compliance and facilitates education and process improvement efforts to create alignment and compliance
Oversees Daily Operations of the Department by:
- Oversight and direction of HR functions for the department which includes interviewing, hiring and orienting staff in collaboration with managers, the educator and SPD leadership.
- Responsible for team building across departments.
- Oversight for completing performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Oversight for time keeping for teams & responsible for managing schedules/time and attendance.
- Conducting regular meetings with direct reports, SPD Staff and supporting individual developmental goals.
- Rounds on staff and customers on a regular basis.
- Develops operating and capital budgets in coordination with hospital and system initiatives; monitors to ensure variance analysis and resolution.
- Implements new or revised programs of the department.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's Degree in business nursing or healthcare administration preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive clinical leadership experience, with a minimum of five (5) years in management at the manager and/or director level required.
- Previous experience with proven leadership in regulatory and accreditation survey readiness, quality improvement in a large acute care system or facility required, including demonstrated ability in interpreting quality metrics to lead actionable change required.
- Proficient regarding the transport, testing, cleaning, inspection, disinfection/sterilization, and storage of instruments, supplies and endoscopes in accordance with industry standards, guidelines and regulations, and manufacturer’s instructions for use required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work with all levels of healthcare providers including physicians.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and consistently with little direct supervision.
- Ability to execute a plan and use project management methodology.
- Ability to plan and direct activities of others and objectively appraise and analyze their job performance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments within and outside the Hospital.
- Direct the work, practices, and procedures of a major work group.
- Establish the unit’s priorities, control budgets and costs, assure work quality; may have subordinate supervisory staff.
- Strong computer skills required. Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills required.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Cert Reg Central Service Tech (CRCST) required.