Verified per hourACE Hardware • 7h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourWALGREENS • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSKECHERS • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourJ. C. Penney Company, Inc. • 5h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSkechers • 5h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Assistant Manager, Merchandising Store 115 Ralston, NE - Full-time / Part-time
| Verified Pay
|$17 - $18 per hour
| 8018 Harrison St.
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
About Westlake Ace Hardware
Ace Retail Holdings, the division of Ace Hardware Corporation that owns and operates the Westlake Ace Hardware chain, is one of the largest hardware retailers in the United States. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates over 150 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry, and we are looking for individuals who strive for personal and professional growth, and who want to work with a company founded on (and still led by) our solid Core Values of:
Service, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence
General Job Summary
The Assistant Manager, Merchandising will manage overall store operations and the achievement of company goals and directives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide positive representation of Westlake Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have Westlake’s best interest taken into consideration.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
- Supervise the “general operations” of the entire store.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Assist with the implementation of Store Support Center programs.
- Implement new Standard Operating Procedures into store execution.
- Ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
- Work with General Manager and Assistant Manager – Operations on all aspects of running the store.
- Participate in weekly management staff meetings.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate Store Support Center department with General Manager approval.
- Assist with special projects within the district as set forth by the District Manager.
- Oversee and assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
- Assist with oversight of cashiering function in store operations.
- Assist to ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee all cashiering functions including training, maintenance, audits, and reports.
- Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
- Visit competition to be familiar with what they are doing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Inventory and Merchandising
- Ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
- Oversee receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise for the store is being done completely.
- Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels.
- Oversee and ensure that cycle counts and negative on hand reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Oversee and ensure receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise adheres to best practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure store profitability.
- Oversee merchandise resets throughout the store.
- Oversee all signage is current in the store.
- Present a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.
Hiring and Training of Associates
- Assist in training of all associates.
- Actively recruit and promote the advancement of Westlake associates.
- Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding and coaching Sales Associates and Department Specialists with the approval of the General Manager.
- Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the General Manager.
- Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
- Prepare and challenge yourself for future advancement.
Other Essential Requirements
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
- SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
- PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
- RESPECT – A humble appreciation that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a stronger and better company and that every person is unique and valued.
- INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
- TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
- EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.
Minimum Skills, Requirements and Qualifications
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Previous retail management experience preferred. Hardware experience preferred.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Westlake Ace Hardware is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.