est. per hourAIT Worldwide Logistics, Inc. • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourThomas Creek Woodworks • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Distribution Administrator/Freight Clerk
| Estimated Pay
|$18 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
At Bunzl, our greatest asset is our People. We are currently seeking a Distribution Administrator (Freight Clerk) to join our team in Omaha. The Distribution Administrator will be responsible for a variety of tasks within the Warehouse Office.
As Bunzl grows, so does our demand for hardworking, dependable, passionate people to join our team. We pride ourselves in the work that we do every day and want you to feel valued and a part of our team.
Click below to for an inside look of what it is like to be on the Bunzl team!
- Process releases for all clients
- Manage orders based on shift capacities to determine shipping abilities and schedule trucking companies to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish pick up appointments for carriers and follow up with carriers via email and/or phone
- Maintain open communications with supply chain team, customer service, and customers
- Communication with customer service related to the status or changes on outbound shipments
- Maintain friendly customer relations.
- Maintain open communications with management to maximize shipments and minimize problems.
- Monitors Open Order Report to ensure completion of orders
- Monitors all Temporary associate timecards and submits hours weekly & monthly
- Monitor and inventory office supplies and reorder
- Handle data via SAP to analyze, report and manipulate data within MS Excel
- Communicate findings to help the business make smarter data driven decisions
- Create and document statistical models the depict company trends
- Assist with creating bills of lading &/or shipping documents
- Assist with monthly safety meetings and facility walks and documentation
- Learn HazMat process to print documentation, label boxes and manifest shipments
- Update all communication boards as needed
- Cross train for warehouse office duties and positions
- Ability to learn and help assist in export order shipping and documentation
- Other duties as required and as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Office administrative experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Excellent attendance and customer service skills
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $12 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 200 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 8,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)