est. per hourHomeCall • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekPHP • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekHost Healthcare • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekSharp Nursing Medical Staffing • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekOneStaff Medical • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTravel Nurses, Inc. • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekCoast Medical Service • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekEpic Travel Staffing • 3h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per weekTrusted Health • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice - Relocation Offered!
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
General Summary of Position
About MedStar St. Mary's Hospice, Callaway, Maryland
Hospice is a philosophy of caring for those with a life-threatening illness. The hospice philosophy holds that end-of-life care should emphasize the quality of life that focuses on patient and family-centered care and addresses the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of the patient. Hospice services are provided in a variety of settings: home, nursing homes, assisted living centers and the Hospice House. The Hospice House of St. Mary's is located on 23 acres of wooded land in Callaway and is an attractive residence that serves as a place of dignity, comfort and peace.
What's in it for me?
- Substantial comprehensive benefits (two medical plans, dental, vision, 403((b) retirement plan with matching, generous PTO, wellness days and 7 holidays, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, etc.
- Free parking for associates at all 4 hospitals
- System-wide nurse referral bonus program - earn up to $6000 per referral
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: this organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- Clinical Advancement Program (CAP): RNs with higher education and certifications have a chance to get more involved in shared governance, advance their professional expertise with presentations and earn more on top of their base rate.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO): MedStar is an HRO. HROs thrive because their leadership takes charge of the culture, engages staff, promotes a culture of safety, and embeds continuous learning and improvement processes into the everyday lives of everyone within the organization. You can read more about HROs in healthcare here: https://www.centerfortransforminghealthcare.org/high-reliability-in-health-care/.
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
BSN preferred. Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelor’s degree enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years.
1 year of RN experience.
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or Multistate Compact state or license eligible. CPR certification required by completion of introductory period.
Hospice Registered Nurse
Palliative Registered Nurse
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited academic nursing program preferred and
- If prepared at the associate degree in nursing level, required to enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of hire date and completion within 3 years required
- 1-2 years RN experience required
Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure in the state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or multistate compact state or license eligible Upon Hire required
- BLS - Basic Life Support by completion of introductory period within 30 Days required
- C-EFM - Electronic Fetal Monitoring Perinatal nurses (labor and delivery, antepartum, antenatal testing) must obtain certification in Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) from the National Certification Corporation (NCC) within 12 months from date of hire. New graduate nurses or new to specialty nurses (labor and delivery, antepartum, antenatal testing) will have 15 months from date of hire to obtain the EFM certification. required and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required
Why MedStar Health?
At MedStar Health, we understand that our ability to treat others well begins with how we treat each other. We work hard to foster an inclusive and positive environment where our associates feel valued, connected, and empowered. We live up to this promise through:
- Strong emphasis on teamwork - our associates feel connected to each other and our mission as an organization. In return, our effective team environment generates positive patient outcomes and high associate satisfaction ratings that exceed the national benchmark.
- Strategic focus on equity, inclusion, & diversity - we are committed to equity for all people and communities. We continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace where people feel a sense of belonging and the ability to contribute to equitable care delivery and improved community health outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive total rewards package - including competitive pay, generous paid time off, great health and wellness benefits, retirement savings, education assistance, and so much more.
- More career opportunities closer to home - as the largest healthcare provider in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region, there are countless opportunities to grow your career and fulfill your aspirations.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation, and research. Our team of 32,000 includes physicians, nurses, residents, fellows, and many other clinical and non-clinical associates working in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest home health provider in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar Health is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education, professional development, and personal fulfillment of our whole team. Together, we use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities. It’s how we treat people.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations. MedStar Health makes all decisions regarding employment, including for example, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefit eligibility, discipline, and discharge without regard to any protected status, including race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local EO laws. If you receive an offer of employment, it is MedStar Health's policy to hire its employees on an at-will basis, which means you or MedStar Health may terminate this relationship at any time, for any reason.