| Verified Pay
|$18.50 per hour
| 665 E Del Amo Blvd
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Pay rate is $18.50 per hour, must be 21 years of age or older for this position.
The Assistant Manager (AM) is the second-level manager in our stores. The AM is responsible for managing the day-to-day shift operations of our restaurant, including the supervision of team members. In addition,
the AM assists in taking inventory, ordering food and supplies, managing costs and delivering store performance that executes Shakey’s Fast, Friendly, Clean standards. The Assistant Manager reports to
the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following responsibilities are representative of the AM position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and supervises day-to-day restaurant and shift operations.
- Creates a team environment that delivers outstanding operations performance and guest service every day.
- Executes in-store promotional campaigns and participates in local marketing activities in the community.
- Trains and coaches shift leads and team members to drive the execution of Shakey’s "Fast, Friendly, Clean" culture and standards.
- Assists in restaurant hiring and management of staffing levels to ensure adequate coverage during all shifts and day parts.
- Consistently monitors restaurant operations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a positive learning and training environment for all team members and delivers training on all work stations.
- Monitors team member performance and provides ongoing coaching, counseling and recognition feedback.
- Takes food, supply and merchandise inventories and places orders to restock.
- Creates store manager and team member work schedules and posts them on a timely basis.
- Ensures compliance with Shakey’s cash handling, safety/security and Team Member Handbook policies and procedures.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices regarding all aspects food handling, preparation, serving and storage.
- Manages store operations to control inventory, food and beverage and labor expenses.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with all employment and labor laws.
- Manages restaurant operations to satisfactorily pass quarterly internal financial audits.
- Inspects food storage and preparation practices to maintain quality standards and comply with sanitation regulations.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and guest service complaints.
- Works in any work station when required to support efficient restaurant operations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Assists in supervising the daily activities of 20 to 30 employees.
Carries out assistant supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning and assigning work; monitoring
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; uses resources effectively.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by change.
Performance Coaching - Gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Managing People - Makes self available to staff; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum two years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
software and the Jacmar Food Service order processing system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid California driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The
employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk
or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts,
commercial ovens and oil fryers. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold while in the
walk-in refrigerator and extreme heat while in the kitchen area. The employee is occasionally exposed
to chemicals while using cleaning and dishwashing products. The noise level in the work environment is