Patient Services Manager -Registered Dietitian - Now Hiring
| Verified Pay
|$85200 - $128700 per year
| 15107 VANOWEN STREET
Van Nuys, California
About this job
Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is currently seeking a full time Clinical Nutrition Manager, Patient Services Manager to join our food services healthcare team at Valley Presbyterian Hospital.
This is a 350-bed full-service, non-profit community hospital, dedicated to the health and well-being of the diverse and challenged communities of the San Fernando Valley located in Van Nuys, California.
Van Nuys is a prominent neighborhood in the middle of the San Fernando Valley, a part of the city of Los Angeles in Southern California.
- Reimbursement for AND dues, state licensure fees and CDR renewal
- Money toward continuing education events
- Up to $5000 tuition reimbursement annually
- a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision
- 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, plus health and wellness programs.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the supervision of both Clinical Nutrition Services Department (5 RD's) and Patient Services oversight in the departments and of staff, while dividing the schedule of responsibility about 30% of the time in clinical and 70% management;
- represent department at meetings and patient conferences;
- patient focused to ensure patient safety and regulatory compliance, be actively involved in Diversity Awareness;
- ensure consistency in day-to-day operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance;
- be highly involved in driving HCAHPS scores and patient satisfaction to meet or exceed set target and have working knowledge of CA state & federal employment law;
- schedule and supervise all clinical staff and staff while conducting staff meetings, in-services, and complete timely competencies and evaluations;
- maintain and update clinical nutrition policies and procedures;
- monitor and evaluate nutrition care services; accreditation and regulatory readiness and review; establish and maintain standards of care;
- work closely with the management team to meet the needs of Sodexo as well as the client and be directly involved in continuous quality improvement.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a Registered Dietitian with at least 3 years of clinical and management experience, preferably in an acute care setting and/or prior leadership experience;
- has a strong commitment to excellence in all aspects of patient care;
- provides demonstrated leadership skills to manage and develop clinical staff;
- is an outstanding team player with excellent communication and customer service skills;
- works well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff and collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently and be outcome focused;
- will work closely with the management team to meet the needs of Sodexo as well as the client and be directly involved in continuous quality improvement.
Learn more about Valley Presbyterian Hospital:
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. .
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree with completion of required coursework and supervised practice as dictated by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (Note: For those seeking registration after 2023, a master’s degree will be required)
Basic Management Experience: 6 years experience of planning, managing and organizing resources within short/medium timeframes within the overall policy framework
Basic Functional Experience: 5 years as experienced specialized practitioner able to work unsupervised and provide professional supervision to specialists.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certification/licensure as required by state(s) of practice
- Specialty credential in area(s) of focused management practice, as applicable
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.