est. per hourSaga Education • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourDistinctive Schools • 11h ago Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $17.00 - $20.00
Verified per hourThe Goddard School of Chicago (South Loop), IL • 13h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSuper Soccer Stars • 14h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourThinkCerca • 13h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $22 to $24
Verified per hourGirls Inc of Chicago • 13h ago Excellent payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourKids Science Labs • 11h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourUnion League Boys and Girls Clubs • 13h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Student Support Counselor - Chicago, Los Angeles, or Dallas - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Reporting to the Director of Advising, Student Support Counselors (SSC) are the single point of access for students and provides student-centered support services. SSCs administer a high-level of student service to ensure retention, student satisfaction, and success of students. SSCs are responsible for adhering to all internal, federal, Department of Education, and affiliate policies and procedures. Student contact is extensive and substantive as is maintaining accurate records in order to support students’ through their programs. Team members are expected to exercise a high degree of responsibility and independent judgment, and to work hours consistent with the campus student populations’ need for access to services, which will include evenings and occasional weekends.
- Work with and support new and continuing students at various stages of their education.
- Administration of advising services including registration, evaluation of program requirements, incomplete grades, student class activity, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and overall degree progress.
- Call/meet with each student throughout the term to ensure they are successfully completing coursework and to provide support.
- Respond to calls and e-mails from incoming or current students daily by providing guidance regarding course work, policies, and support.
- Ensure student’s academic account/record are accurate and up to date by clear and timely processing of important academic forms (e.g. Add/Drop, Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, etc.).
- Serve as the campus Accommodations coordinator, reviewing documentation and other departments, ensuring that students eligible for accommodation receive support in line with ADA and other relevant laws.
- Advising at-risk students through work/life balance, time management, other circumstances to ensure successful completion of the course and program.
- Serve as a liaison with primary responsibilities for a sub-department of Student Support Services (e.g. international student services, ADA accommodations, military student support, etc.).
- Advising students on course/program content and registration in degree program of study.
- Follow-up on the progress of Academic Plans for students on who do not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements or in need of additional support.
- Collaborate with various student facing departments such as Academics, Financial Aid, Admissions, and Student Accounts to ensure the success of the student.
- Work with Office of the Registrar to ensure that incoming and current students receive timely information and guidance regarding institutional policies, course registration, program completion, etc.
- Advise students on support services and resources available to them through their school.
- Adherence to set internal, federal, DOE, and affiliate policies and procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other clerical skills (phone skills, typing, filing)
- Skills to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all students regardless of educational level as well as all employees regardless of position/title
- Excellent teamwork
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience within student facing positions and/or higher education preferred
The Chicago School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students, and all who enter our facilities, The Chicago School strongly recommends that all employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per CDC guidance.