est. per hourProlec-GE Waukesha,Inc • 24h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPiedmont Service Group • 24h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Prolec-GE Waukesha,Inc • 1h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Winder - Full-time / Part-time
|Goldsboro, North Carolina
About this job
With this position at Prolec-GE Waukesha you will enjoy a highly competitive pay as well as:
- A leading edge benefit package that includes major medical, dental and vision options
- 401-K retirement plan participation w/company match
- Company paid Accident & Sickness plan, Company paid Life & ADD insurance options
- Quarterly local bonus plan participation
- Educational reimbursement opportunities as well as other benefit offerings
- Ask about the limited time $1500.00 sign-on bonus opportunity!!!
To setup and operate winding machines and wind a variety of small and medium size power and specialty transformer coils. This is a second or third shift position.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works from engineering drawings, specifications, design prints, and manufacturing practices.
- Setups winding machines and expandable mandrels.
- Brazes copper leads.
- Winds single and multi-conductor disc, single and double helix, and layer windings including rectangle, barrel, and CTC windings.
- Transposes conductors. Recognizes conductor pressure points and how to insulate these areas.
- Operate lead burning equipment and propane torches to perform removal of formvar coating.
- Builds winding bridges and risers used in disc windings.
- Adjusts and maintains conductor tension in order to meet coil dimension requirements.
- Recognizes conductor and winding defects in order to take corrective action including notifying a supervisor as needed.
- Repairs coils of any type and size at various stages of manufacture and in certain field situations.
- Refers to manufacturing practices, standard practices, winding prints and bills of material to interpret and obtain the winding form size, conductor size, turns, layers, tape, glue, insulation and dimensions to name a few key items.
- Provides assistance to the supervisor in on-the-job orientation and training of other employees as well as helps out in other work centers on a temporary basis.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures and actively participate in defined zero harm safety culture driven initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
TOOLS AND MACHINERY
Wire cutters, wire strippers, soldering irons, brazing torches, induction brazing equipment, MIG and TIG welders, cold welder, jib crane, manual and hydraulic bending tools, decimal and standard measuring instruments, forklift.
- Cotton glove, torch tips, glue, wire, pressboard packages, and others.
- Personal protective equipment to include safety glasses with side shields and steel toe shoes.
A Winder must be able to perform the above duties without direct constant supervision and maintain a productivity level which meets or exceeds the routing standards and is acceptable to the supervisor. Windings are one of the most critical components of transformer production and requires an exceptionally high degree of quality and error free construction. Operations must be performed such that subassemblies and finished products are clean and neat, in proper alignment, and of high quality. They must maintain an acceptable attendance record. A Winder must have good hand and eye coordination and dexterity. Winding experience is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalent
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous, incidental, or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
Prolec-GE Waukesha, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law