| Estimated Pay
|$37 per hour
| 655 Solomon's Island Rd
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Store Code: GF - Regional Ops (2765328)
Who Is Giant?
With over 2 million weekly customers and annual sales topping $5 billion, Giant is the #1 grocer in the Baltimore-Washington area. What began as one store on Georgia Avenue in Washington D.C. in 1936, now has grown to over 160 stores spanning across D.C., Maryland, Virginia and Delaware.
Giant’s mission is beyond stocking groceries on shelves, we strive to be the most trusted and loved local food retailer in our community.
Giant is hiring Store Managers! We want proven, experienced store leaders with a passion for customer service and a knack for driving sales. Prior experience in store management is required.
Store Managers are responsible for day-to-day operation and success of their team, including store, associates and management. That includes customer service, training and development of management and store associates, labor management, cash and inventory control, asset protection, shrink, store conditions, and performance management.
As a Store Manager, you will:
· Plan, implement, track, and report weekly sales programs
· Manage, control, and track store payroll and budget
· Ensure store compliance with all Giant programs and policies as well as local, state and federal food, labor and safety regulations
· Manage hiring, attendance, retention, and performance
· Lead and develop store management and associates
· Experience in a nationally or regionally recognized perishable, grocery, and/or big box retail company is strongly preferred
· Experience managing people, departments and/or whole stores
· Proficiency in scheduling, ordering, inventory, payroll, P&L analysis, project management, and personnel management
· Knowledge of employment law, interview techniques, and general retail hiring practices
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a business concentration, such as Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or others
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills’ the ability to acquire and keep the confidence of associates, customers, and management alike
· Staffers must be willing to work required hours, travel and take assignment within the regional business areas (Washington/Virginia/Maryland/Delaware)
Please note: If you do not meet these qualifications, and you are interested in pursuing a career with Giant Food, please apply for other store level positions at https://giantfood.careerswithus.com/ by clicking “Stores”
Why Work at Giant?
At Giant, we love what we do, and make it easy for you to love it, too! Every day, we build on our over 80-year legacy of innovation, quality, and value and hard work to keep our top spot in the market and with our customers. The most important part of that? Our people.
Giant’s thousands of associates in our stores, distribution centers and corporate headquarters have one thing in common: the opportunity to advance their career. We proudly hire and promote from our own ranks, offering opportunities to learn and advance, take trainings and earn degrees, serve our communities, receive recognition for their work and have a career, not just a job.
We proudly host Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – six voluntary employee-led groups that help build community and are aligned with our mission, values, goals, business practices and objectives. The BRGs programming is designed to support their members and our associates through social activity, volunteering and professional development opportunities.
Our mission is to provide convenient ways for our customers to prepare meals for moments that matter most through meal solutions, recipe inspiration, time-saving services like pickup and delivery and beyond. Giant also values being a better neighbor. One way we support our neighbors is by providing donations and charitable efforts to our local partners that support our main charitable causes.
We’d love for you to become part of the Giant family and join us in our journey of being a Better Place to Work, a Better Place to Shop and a Better Neighbor – because, after all, our people truly make us Giant.
Job Requisition: 303690_external_USA-MD-Prince-Frederick_3312023