est. per hourCertara USA, Inc. • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Hackensack Meridian Health • 2d ago
Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourMMS • 19h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCooper University Health Care • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Genmab • 13h ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
MFM RN COORDINATOR PRN - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$44 per hour
|Princeton, New Jersey
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
At Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities, equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs, attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore a career opportunity by offering professional development.
Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of choice in South Jersey.
The Ambulatory MFM nurse coordinator is responsible for providing physician support and nursing care to Maternal Fetal Medicine patients.
- Responsible for performing non-stress testing, phlebotomy for genetic testing, assisting with procedures performed by the perinatologist and provides post procedure instructions to the patient and documents all aspects of patient care.
- Provides education and support for patient/significant other about health/illness and plan of care in conjunction with perinatologist and referring physician.
- In collaboration with MFM and referring provider, identifies interdisciplinary resources needed to assist in implementing the nursing plan of care.
- Communicates with physicians and insurance companies, assisting in securing/calling in prescriptions and supplies for proper care.
- Identifies individual outcomes that are appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic and attainable.
- Communicates as appropriate, with the patients, OB and MFM providers, office staff, ultrasonographers, genetic counselors, and labor and delivery staff with any changes in a patient's clinical condition that may impact the patient’s disposition.
- Reports test results to patients as appropriated; schedules follow up as necessary.
- Administers medications in accordance with policy.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies in office.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional/educational/personal growth.
- Must provide exceptional customer service that leads to a positive patient care experience.
2-5 years recent clinical experience in Labor & Delivery, Antepartum, ambulatory Maternal Fetal Medicine practice or equivalent experience including fetal monitoring and interpretation.
Must possess effective communication skills, diplomacy and ability to work well with all disciplines and levels.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
Current NJ RN License
Knowledge and skill in the nursing role when caring for patients undergoing the following procedures/interventions: Ultrasound, amniocentesis, and fetal monitoring. Knowledge of high-risk patient’s learning needs and education resources, normal pathophysiology of pregnancy and potential impact of risk factors. Knowledge of routine antepartum tests and procedures and ability to coordinate complex patient care.
Proficient with EMR. Experience with ASOBGYN & EPIC preferred.