est. per hourChico's • 19h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourH&M • 7h ago Good pay Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $15.50 -$16.50
Verified per hourThe Hershey Company • 7h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $49,000 to $59,000
Verified per yearVerizon • 2d ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSoma Intimates • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSpencer Gifts • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourStrykermeded • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourZales • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourMac Tools • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Verified Pay
|$15 - $16 per hour
| 1800 West Fayette St.
Syracuse, New York
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
Byrne Dairy & Deli Sales Associate - Full Time & Part Time - Benefits Including Paid Vacation
$15 - $16 per hour
Sonbyrne Sales, Inc. / Byrne Dairy & Deli a local growing, family-owned company is actively seeking a Sales Associate. We offer competitive salary and great benefits. We are dedicated to creating a work environment where employees do their best work and deeply committed to advancing our employees
Purpose of Position
The Sales Associate provides excellent customer service, follows company policies and procedures and sells products to individuals at Byrne Dairy & Deli retail stores.
- Ensuring customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer service, responding to customer’s questions and resolving their problems and needs in a friendly, accurate and timely manner
- Using suggestive selling techniques
- Following company policy and procedure and all laws governing alcohol beverages and tobacco sales
- Following all company safety and security policies, looking for and eliminating safety hazards
- Operating cash register and all point-of-sale equipment efficiently
- Handling cash and safe drops in accordance with company policies
- Cleaning grocery shelves, parking lots, restrooms, store interior and store exterior
- Stocking products on shelves, in coolers and freezers
- Preparing food products (pizza, deli sandwiches, salads, soft and hard ice cream cones)
- Reporting to work on time and when needed adjusting to changes in work schedule
As a Sales associate, you must be the type of motivated and positive individual who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. It is also important that you display excellent customer-service skills.
- High School diploma
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees.
- Point-of-Sale experience, a plus
- Experience in food service, a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a ladder and stoop, kneel, or crouch when stocking and cleaning shelves. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to work in varying temperatures. Working in coolers and freezers.
As a Sales Associate with Byrne Dairy & Deli, you will be part of an established and respected family-owned company with one of the region’s most recognized and popular brands. We will provide you with comprehensive online and hands-on training to prepare you for your role plus ongoing product and professional training to ensure your continued success with Byrne Dairy & Deli. Our commitment to promoting from within means that there is also plenty of room for advancement in our organization, with opportunities to move into management roles at the district level and beyond. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package that includes benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (available for full time employees)
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Employee recognition program
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, the company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.