est. per hourBenchmark Human Services • 10h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPediatrix • 10h ago Just posted Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourLiv Recovery Center • 4h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourPIH Health • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Mgr Prof Practice - System - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Oversight of Nursing Quality and Patient Safety
a. Provides oversight of development, implementation and achieving nursing quality outcomes and activities including but not limited to nurse-sensitive indicators.
b. Leads strategic action planning for nursing quality, integrating performance improvement methodologies and the Quality and Safety Education for Nursing (QSEN) focus areas of patient-centered care, EBP, teamwork and collaboration, safety, QI and informatics.
c. Collaborates with system and local leadership to align nursing strategic goals, including clinical, professional and patient outcomes to local plans.
d. Provides updates on clinical. professional and patient outcomes with ongoing action planning and reassessment cycles to achieve continuous improvement.
e. Provides consultation associated with nursing quality outcomes across departments, hospitals, clinics, and the system.
f. Serves on system and hospital quality and safety committees as requested as nursing lead.
g. Provides a role in evaluation selection and implementation of supplies and technology.
h. Provides support and/or leads nursing safety and quality initiatives such as workplace safety, employee injury organization safety, fairy and just culture.
i. Develops/maintains nursing policy, procedure, and protocol structure that aligns with nursing and system policy/procedure.
j. Demonstrates ability to lead change in a complex environment, ensuring the spread and integration of standards into practice using lean methodology.
- Strategy and Vision: Partners with CFNE Executive Team across the system to establish a vision and direction for the professional practice of Nursing.
a. Support a vision for care delivery systems, standards of practice, and performance outcomes.
b. Participates at all levels of the system in departmental planning and the implementation of key strategic initiatives
c. Develops short and long-term goals consistent with the WellStar System and the needs of Nursing and clinical practice.
d. Monitors progress toward goals, collaborating with operations as needed to establish countermeasures toward successful achievement.
e. Serves as Nursing Leader and/or member at system or hospital committees as requested.
f. Actively participates in, facilitates and engages Shared Leadership councils (system, hospital, and unit-based) to share information and/or request feedback from clinical nurses and councils.
- Leads the development of Nursing Professional Practice across the continuum.
a. Promotes professional nursing practice through the Shared Leadership model and collaborates with other disciplines in practice and improvement.
b. Supports the development of the Professional Practice Model. Promotes the integration of EBP and Research in practice, supporting nurses and CNPS in making a positive contribution to our body of knowledge through guidance, review of literature, presentations, posters, and publication.
c. Promotes the professional role of nursing within WellStar.
d. Promotes Nursing Excellences through leading Awards and Recognition activities.
e. Participates the journey of excellence integrating best practice and supporting national and unit level specialty practice designations as requested based on clinical expertise.
f. Monitoring quality performance, through KPI, and benchmarking toward top decile performance on NDNQI, Vizient, and others.
- Provides leadership and direction for the development and implementation of Nursing Research, the dissemination of research findings, and scholarly activity
a. Ensures the utilization of EBP and research findings to promote nursing excellence.
b. Uses Shared Leadership structures (hospital and system) for input, feedback and final approval for nursing policies, procedures and nurse driven protocols.
c. Leads and/or supports EBP across Nursing.
d. Serves as a mentor and coach for Nurses in EBP projects /PI/lean projects, and programs across the continuum.
e. Networks with peers and professionals at other health care facilities for administration and clinical standards. Maintain current knowledge of software and clinical advances, and clinical technology as it relates to integration of EBP and practice standards.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Master's Degree in Nursing Required or
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required and
- Master's Degree in related field Required or
- Doctorate in Nursing Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 5 years as Registered Nurse providing care Required
- Minimum 5 years Progressive nursing leadership experience Required
- Experience in having participated in a health care organization's ANCC Pathway to Excellence and/or ANCC Magnet Designation Program. Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills, computer skills and relationship building.
- Possess advanced skills in specialty area and teaching and coaching clinical staff to provide excellence in patient care and delivery.
- Is a continuous learner who inspires others to also seek advance knowledge and clinical skills.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment and embrace change with excellent time management, collaboration, and emotional intelligence skills.
- Knowledge of nursing theory, evidence-based practice, and research required to provide leadership for performance improvement.
- Compliance with the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) Required
- RN - Multi-state Compact Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- National certification in nursing specialty Preferred
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Preferred