Verified per yearCentria Autism • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSunbelt Staffing • 18h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCMES, Inc. • 23h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourGaskins + LeCraw • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Rad Tech Reg Wkd
|North Metro, Georgia
About this job
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Demonstrates the ability to adjust technique so that patient receives the lowest possible dose of ionizing radiation and that image quality is maintained.
* Reports problems regarding malfunctioning equipment to supervisor or service provider, so that problem can be corrected in a timely manner.
* Cleans, disinfects and maintains equipment in accordance with infection control policy and department schedule.
* Ability to operate all aspects of the system.
* Ability to operate all radiographic equipment in a safe and competent manner. Assuring that equipment is not abused and is left in good working order.
- Patient Care
* Obtains complete clinical history, gathers examination data and assesses for contraindicating conditions.
* Follows established procedures for the administration of contrast medias so that no patient condition deteriorates, and no patient suffers undue pain, due to error or poor technique if applicable.
* Ensures that all studies have proper patient identification and right and left marker are utilized appropriately.
* Reviews radiographic images for clinically acceptable results and releases patients.
* Responds to emergency situations and provides for the restocking of the crash cart and maintenance of life support equipment if applicable.
* Assists other technologists in all modalities when needed if applicable.
* Observes patient condition and properly evaluates situations when physician intervention is necessary so that no patient condition deteriorates as the result of misjudgment.
* Verifies two unique patient identifiers and correct clinical order prior to performing a procedure per policy.
* Ensures patient's privacy and comfort is accommodated.
* Demonstrates competence in the determination and application of appropriate procedures, equipment, supplies and techniques based on the age of patients.
* Organizes schedule, time and priorities so that required activities are accomplished within designated time frames.
* Uses critical thinking skills.
* Asks clarifying questions.
* Seeks clarification on ambiguous orders.
* Understands, demonstrates and documents preprocedural verification and Time Out process when appropriate if applicable.
* Demonstrates and understands pre-and-post procedural care.
* Preps the patient for the procedure.
* Demonstrates and understands sterile technique if applicable.
* Maintains competency with venipuncture, where applicable.
- Education and Communication
* Patiently and clearly explains purpose and nature of exam to patient prior to starting of procedure, to minimize anxiety and facilitate cooperation using AIDET; Acknowledge, Introduce, Discuss, Explain, and Thank you of all patients and family members.
* Ensures that patient's questions, concerns or contraindications are satisfactorily addressed, notifying physician when this cannot be accomplished, prior to the initiation of the procedure.
* Participates in the orientation and training of departmental employees.
* Provides patients with preparatory instruction and explanation of procedures.
* Required documentation is concise, legible and includes precise terminology.
* Reads email each day scheduled to work and follows through with assignment.
* Completes mandatory departmental and Hospital-wide education without prompting.
- Quality Control
* Consistently produces high quality images including appropriate collimation, shielding, technique selection, penetration and positioning.
* Ensures that equipment is fully operational prior to each use, by checking for proper calibration and operating deficiencies.
* Sends all studies to PACS; prints CD?s as necessary. All exams are complete in RIS including image oriented, marked, labeled, and notes are accurate.
* Studies that have been transmitted after hours by teleradiography are printed and scanned into PACS, if applicable.
* Checks for prior exams and assures that they are loaded, if necessary, and properly labeled prior to sending to PACS.
* Restocks linens and supplies, and maintains Diagnostic Imaging Services in clean and orderly condition.
* Transports patients, positions patients, and helps them on and off procedure table.
* Performs patient charging activities on the day the service is rendered.
* Applies shielding, supportive and immobilization devices and equipment.
* Willingly lends knowledge and assistance to others upon request as needed and routinely as time is available, without prompting, so that all working time is used for departmental advantage.
* Performs routine duties of clerical and support personnel in accordance with procedure when warranted to
* ensure continuity and quality of services.
* Keeps supervisor informed on all responsibilities on an ongoing basis, ensuring prompt notification in the event of problems or potential problems.
* Maintains an individual productivity rate equal to other co-workers.
* Maintains Joint Commission and any other regulatory agency standards.
* Ability to transfer / retrieve images on the PACS system.
* Takes call when necessary.
* Any other duties as assigned.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Required
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- ARRT Radiography Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications