est. per hourUncommon Schools • 1h ago Urgently hiring 9.3 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourUncommon Schools • 1h ago Urgently hiring 1.1 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearBP Energy • 2h ago Just posted Urgently hiring 18.9 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per yearFidelity Investments • 9h ago Just posted Urgently hiring 4.2 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Borgen Project • 9h ago
2.5 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- Borgen Project • 9h ago
3.3 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourInnocence Project • 1h ago Urgently hiring 2.1 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per hourInnocence Project • 1h ago Urgently hiring 2.1 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
- KS Engineers PC • 5h ago
Just posted 9.3 miUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
| Verified Pay
|$70,000- $85,000 per year
|New York, New York
About this job
We currently have an opening for an entry level Project Accountant that will be joining the Accounting team in the New York City metro area. The Project Accountant is responsible for our projects billing process, including verifying employees’ chargeable time & expenses in accordance with established accounting standards and billing policy, establishing and updating project budgets as needed and ensuring project data is current and correct.
H&H is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with more than 135 years of experience steeped in solving complex engineering challenges. Consulting firms, contractors and infrastructure owners count on us when innovative design and intricate engineering solutions are required. Our specialty lies in the ability to manage the entire life cycle of engineering services and support. We employ teams of superior engineers that bring a forward-thinking approach using the world’s latest project management, design, and support innovations. As a result, your projects are brought in on time, on budget, and are engineered to the highest standards in design, durability, safety, and aesthetic value.
- Prepare Invoice Submissions for various Government & Private clients, with appropriate documentation & back-up.
- Maintain complete & accurate project folders with all related documents
- Enter budget changes & variance adjustments as needed in company reporting system
- Coordinate billing procedures with various branch offices
- Respond to requests from clients for supplemental reports or more detailed back-up documentation
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding the financial status of projects, contract modifications, and client invoicing requirements
- Examine unbilled costs & unpaid invoices monthly, to maximize billing and collection potential
- Review invoice submissions from sub-consultants to ensure compliance with contract provisions & budgetary limits
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by project & company needs
- Effectively articulate any project issues to both accounting and non-accounting staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Business Administration
- Two-five years of relevant experience in Accounting with an emphasis on billing & interpreting contract provisions
- Deltek Vision experience (preferred)
- Ability to prioritize, organize work flow and juggling conflicting demands
- Good communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail & ability to comply with monthly billing deadlines
- Professional attitude and high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team environment when necessary
Salary Range— $70,000- $85,000 annually. Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer a professional work environment, a competitive salary, a benefits package, and 401(k).