- Lee Spring Company • 2d ago
Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourConnecticut Spring & Stamping • 24h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Toolmaker - Full-time
About this job
Requisition ID 2023-7882
Category Production Support
Segment Kaman Aerospace
Shift Shift 1
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (12/7/2023 5:21 AM)
Performs all operations as part of the tool room production process to provide all value streams with proper tooling with an emphasis on minimizing downtime. Processes include, but are not limited to the following; honing fixtures, grinding arbors, ink jet fixtures, lapping and polishing cups, turning arbors, KAron coating mandrel, milling fixtures, grit blast fixtures, KAron application tooling, and any other repair or remake that is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and performs machining operations on complex machines in the tool room. Makes adjustments to meet customer requirements. Works to close tolerances. Develops and documents procedures.
- Reads, understands and takes direction from blueprints. Able to complete complex tasks with autonomy.
- Performs all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Follows work procedures.
- Acts as a troubleshooter for tooling and machining problems.
- Trains operators in tooling and machining processes.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment. Follows safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Reports safety incidents to supervisor.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contributes to 5 S program in work area.
- Provides a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contributes to positive team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Participates in training/learning other positions. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education: High School diploma / GED.
Experience: 4-6 years manufacturing experience.
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Many positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). For ITAR and EAR purposes, U.S. persons include U.S. citizens, nationals and lawful permanent residents, as well as asylees and refugees. The ITAR and/or EAR may limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Kaman reserves the right to require candidates and employees to provide proof of citizenship, nationality and/or immigration status to determine ITAR and EAR compliance requirements.