- Local Infusion • 10h ago
Just postedUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourChesapeake Oncology Hematology Associates • 6h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourChartis Consulting Corporation • 14h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourI AM ALS • 14h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Radiologic Technologist - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
| Estimated Pay
|$39 per hour
|Washington, District of Columbia
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
General Summary of Position
MedStar Health is looking for a Radiological Technologist to join our MedStar Washington Hospital Center team!
As a Radiological Technologist, you will operate conventional, fluoroscopic, and portable radiology equipment to obtain routine radiographs of designated body areas according to physician specification and radiographic protocols.
Join one of the largest healthcare systems in the Baltimore-Washington metro region, also recognized as one of the "Healthiest Maryland Businesses". Apply today and learn how MedStar Health can be your next great career move!
Prepares patient for radiograph. Lifts patient onto and off examination table. Properly positions patient for X-ray exam, adjusts immobilization devices and affixes appropriate radiation shielding.
Assists in the administration of drugs and/or contrast agents. Calculates and selects proper technical factors and uses correct film/ screen combinations. Processes and develops film.
Enters data into the Radiology Information System (MARS) for medical records, billing, statistics, and quality assurance purposes. Provides guidance to radiology students as needed.
Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensures that the exam room contains the proper supplies for the diagnostic procedures. Performs various clerical tasks including answering phones, relaying messages, and scheduling exams. etc.
Reports equipment malfunction to supervisory personnel.
High School Diploma or GED.
Associate degree in applied science preferred.
Previous job experience.
ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) certification.
Why MedStar Health?
At MedStar Health, we understand that our ability to treat others well begins with how we treat each other. We work hard to foster an inclusive and positive environment where our associates feel valued, connected, and empowered. We live up to this promise through:
- Strong emphasis on teamwork—our associates feel connected to each other and our mission as an organization. In return, our effective team environment generates positive patient outcomes and high associate satisfaction ratings that exceed the national benchmark.
- Strategic focus on equity, inclusion, & diversity—we are committed to equity for all people and communities. We continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace where people feel a sense of belonging and the ability to contribute to equitable care delivery and improved community health outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive total rewards package—including competitive pay, generous paid time off, great health and wellness benefits, retirement savings, education assistance, and so much more.
- More career opportunities closer to home—as the largest healthcare provider in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region, there are countless opportunities to grow your career and fulfill your aspirations.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation, and research. Our team of 32,000 includes physicians, nurses, residents, fellows, and many other clinical and non-clinical associates working in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest home health provider in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar Health is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education, professional development, and personal fulfillment of our whole team. Together, we use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities. It’s how we treat people.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations. MedStar Health makes all decisions regarding employment, including for example, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefit eligibility, discipline, and discharge without regard to any protected status, including race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local EO laws. If you receive an offer of employment, it is MedStar Health's policy to hire its employees on an at-will basis, which means you or MedStar Health may terminate this relationship at any time, for any reason.
- Inova Health System
- U.S. Navy
- The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- George Washington University Hospital
- George Mason University
- Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group
- OneStaff Medical
- Mary's Center
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI)
- MedPro Healthcare Allied Staffing
- CNA Corporation