est. per hourLVMH • 3h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Verified per monthCollege of the Canyons • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCorner Bakery Cafe • 20h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourSouthern California Pizza Company • 11h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCarl's Jr. • 27d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $17 - $19
Verified per hourJack in the Box, an independently owned and operated franchise • 20h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourRestaurant Depot • 30d ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Supply Chain Manager
| Estimated Pay
|$53 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Reports to:Director of Program Management
Work Hours:Administrative Shift, Monday - Friday
Manages the Buyers to insure the synchronization with the customer requirements. Monitors the flow of materials and works with the planners and program management to ensure customer requirements, production schedules and milestones are met.
- Manages daily activities of the Buyers.
- Reviews materials based on MRP requirements.
- Approves purchase orders to suppliers per the Approval Matrix.
- Generates Reports
- Proactively communicates foreseeable issues to Directors, planners and/or program management.
- Investigates and resolves issues related material shortages.
- Ability to analyze data and generate reports. Expert understanding of accountancy variances cost drivers.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP applications & systems and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve variances and other factors which may be producing inaccurate data.
- Reviews factors for MRP including but not limited to: Planner Code, Item Cost, lead-time, order multipliers and minimum order quantity
- Participates in action boards and actively engaging in and implementing solutions.
- Ability to lead continuous improvement teams/events related purchasing.
- Solid understanding and ability to affect positive change using continuous improvement tools and techniques such as but not limited to: kanban, kaizen, one-piece flow, value stream mapping, integrated product teams, theory of constraints, 6S, RCCA, Lean, and inventory reduction
- Coordinates changes in demand to the planners and program management.
- Reviews demand and makes decisions based on the data. Elevates recommendations for changes and improvements to the Program Management.
- Coordinates with manufacturing, planning, quality, engineering, sales, and other support teams to alleviate constraints to on-time delivery.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Assists with training, development and mentoring of Buyers.
- Frequently reviews demand to elevate any risk to the quarterly plan. Applies strategic thinking to look beyond the quarter to make decisions, anticipate future problems and work towards solutions.
- Understands and participates in the SIOP process.
- When requested, participates in customer conference calls and customer visits to share information related to schedules, assist with meeting customer needs, and build positive customer relations.
Position Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These duties and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Fluent and proficient in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies and modifiers, bills of material, routing, kanban material flow, capacity planning, customer required inventory replenishment systems, and other manufacturing strategies.
- General understanding and ability to read blueprints.
- Must be a team player with sound judgment and analytical skills as well as a team leader.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software and manufacturing MRP/ERP planning systems
- Good organizational skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal skills.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers/suppliers as well as handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in business or technical field.
- Minimum 5-10+ years Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in the understanding and application of capacity planning tools and MRP/ERP systems.
- APICS Certified (CPIM or CSCP) preferred.
- Other industry specific training and certification helpful: Lean, Six Sigma, RCCA
- Additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Willing to consider additional years of related experience and/or certification in lieu of a degree.