Filling Supervisor, 1st Shift
| Estimated Pay
|$61 per hour
About this job
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
Oversee filling operations and supervise personnel at a production facility
Resolve routine operational, maintenance and manning problems
1. Schedule and directly supervise filling line operations to ensure quality products and provide guidance, training, feedback and annual performance review for filling department personnel.
2. Ensure physical condition of the filling area is in good working order.
3. Inspect production line operations and finished goods to ensure proper level and appearance of product; proper container, label and/or sticker; correct carton/sticker and stamped batch number; and that line checks are regularly conducted to confirm quality control approval prior to filling of containers.
4. Provide orientation to new employees as to general production operations, line assignments, tank sequence, pump operations, record-keeping procedures, safety rules and regulations, and all applicable policies and procedures.
5. Inform and update Production Superintendent and Plant Manager concerning all production activities and mechanical problems.
6. Ensure proper transactions are executed in SAP systems applicable to Filling department.
7. Ensure compliance with safety, housekeeping, environmental regulations, policies, department, plant and company goals and objectives
8. Investigate and resolve employee complaints and production problems and implement solutions in routine situations.
9. Maintain effective written and verbal communications with the Production Superintendent and Plant Manager on an ongoing basis.
10. Work directly with other departments as necessary including: Scheduling, Distribution and Maintenance.
11. Operate a forklift to demonstrate equipment operation to filling line personnel and to move product and other materials as required.
- Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation plus 4 years work experience or Bachelor's degree in related field
- Thorough filling line and production experience including work in a lead or supervisory capacity
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures as well as applicable OSHA, DOT, and environmental rules and regulations
- Knowledge of filling line procedures for all lines at a facility
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to trouble-shoot routine equipment malfunctions
- Ability to inspect and supervise operations of multiple lines before, during and after fills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and staff
- Ability to prepare and analyze production reports
- Knowledge of control systems for equipment
- Knowledge of SAP Systems and transactions
- Knowledge of relationship of department and plant to other functional departments
Our Ongoing Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe a workplace that encourages and values different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds builds better teams, better solutions, and more innovation. The goal is for every single team member to have a voice and experience a sense of belonging here, regardless of where they sit in the organization and what their background is. We look forward to your sharing your outstanding and unique talents and perspectives with us!
BEHR (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster:
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: &