est. per hourMillerKnoll, Inc. • 13h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
Logistic Supervisor - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$21 per hour
|Salem, North Carolina
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
THIS OPEN POSITION IS LOCATED ONLY AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:JUNCTION CITY
THE "ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS" SHOWN AT THE RIGHT INDICATE WHERE THIS JOB POSTING IS VISIBLE, NOT WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED
WHAT WILL YOU DO
* Provide leadership, support, and direction to empower 5-15 post cure production & logistics operators to achieve their common objectives.
* Work effectively with maintenance, quality, and other teams to meet daily/annual performance goals and continuous improvement/progress efforts.
* Develop employees through coaching plans and work closely with your team members to improve their capabilities through effective performance management.
* Monitor the short and long-term needs of the facility to ensure succession needs are met and employees are afforded opportunities for development and career growth.
* Facilitate the identification and implementation of process and team improvements.
* Coordinate with forklift drivers to ensure smooth receiving and delivery of materials to the line and for outgoing shipments.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
* A willingness to work in an industrial plant environment (Monday-Friday on day shift) and support the 24 hours - 7 days operations as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in achieving a long-term goal and learning something new.
* Demonstrated experience in leading a team or project group by setting clear goals, delegating tasks effectively, providing regular feedback/coaching, leading by example, and fostering a positive work environment. Military service (Junior Military Officer or Senior Non-Commission Officer) a plus.
* 3-5 years of successful employee performance management (to include attendance, productivity, skill development, and team management) is preferred.
* The ability to interact in a professional manner with internal partners, suppliers, customers, and colleagues.
* Microsoft Excel data analysis proficiency. Microsoft Power BI would be a plus.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients' mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers' needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries-from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we've been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at .
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver's seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!