| Estimated Pay
|$19 per hour
|Forks of the River, Tennessee
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Position provides support services for the administrative department and general office. Performs specific billing activities to maintain the manufacturing operation, provides reception, telephone, clerical support within the office environment including but not limited to purchasing and shipping.
• Compiles information from internal documents (purchase orders, sales orders) in preparation for data entry.
• Responsible for the daily computer data entry/input of related information for customer invoicing.
• Compare and verify accuracy of screen display and original data.
• Fax/scan packing lists, proof of delivery and other customer order related paperwork to Corporate Accounting Department in a timely manner.
• Process return of damaged shipments as required.
• Process freight claims in a timely manner.
• Removes from printer customer orders and distributes appropriately.
• File completed customer orders in a timely manner.
• Receive and route telephone calls, take messages, greet and direct visitors and respond to routine questions and requests.
• Establish and maintain filing system for all records relating to job function for historical and auditing purposes.
• Produce various copies of letters, reports and routine forms and distribute as directed.
• Create correspondence and reports as required using appropriate formats and proofread for grammatical, spelling or typographical errors and distribute where applicable.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail.
• Order supplies and maintains supply area as directed.
• Assist shipping and purchasing with basic duties as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Computer skills – knowledge of or ability to learn established computerized systems and to use e-mail and the Internet effectively.
• Ability to perform data entry and retrieval function; creates simple documents, collate printed material and perform other basic support functions.
• Skill in performing routine clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy with ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
• Skill in proofreading copy through comparison to original document and ability to setup and maintain filing system.
• Knowledge and application of basic rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling essential for clear written communications.
• Interpersonal skills – Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Communication skills – Ability to communicate clearly and professionally. Able to speak, understand and follow English language instructions.
• Ability to react to change productively and perform other functions as required.
· Normal office environment. Normal working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with a 30 minute lunch break. Occasional daily and weekend work required during inventory each January.
· While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit at a desk and/or computer. Periodically stand to file related paperwork.
· Regularly and frequently engages hands, wrists and fingers in repetitive motions for considerable durations of time to enter data on a computer keyboard and operate a variety of office equipment and machinery.
· May occasionally lift and/or move materials/objects up to 50 lbs. To load stock or retrieve supplies from storage will reach, push, pull, lift and carry as well as bend body, legs and arms.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application.