Production Associate - Fill (2:30pm-10:30pm)
| Verified Pay
|$17.88 per hour
|Glenwood, North Carolina
Compare PayVerified Pay
About this job
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.Your Role at Baxter
This is where my hands make life-sustaining products
You are driven by the knowledge that the products you help make saves and sustain lives. You can move quickly, address questions, and encourage teammates, all while getting quality products out on time. You are calm, positive, and a key part of a fast-paced environment that emphasizes camaraderie and teamwork. As a Production Associate, Fill, you are happiest when you are moving, and we will not disappoint!
Baxter is known for its speed and high-quality product. Our manufacturing operations are around-the-clock to meet the needs of our customers. Our high-caliber talent works through the challenges at hand while pushing toward meeting client order needs. Different shift assignments allow for flexibility and safety.Your team
Baxter is focused on saving and sustaining lives by manufacturing high-quality products. We strive to create quality products for our customers each day.
Delivering life-saving products is about getting them right, and attention to detail is how we make sure we meet that challenge. We are a team that supports each other throughout each shift. Working together in a supportive and open culture makes our processes evolve for the better and engages our workforce.
You'll be offered extensive training, and the tight-knit working environment within the Manufacturing team means employees get additional training from their direct manager and peers when needed.What we offer from Day One:
- Shift flexibility to trade shifts and leverage overtime opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 160 hours of Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You'll Be Doing
The Production Associate, Fill is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by inspecting, printing, filling, and sealing flexible containers which hold IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions.
- Fill, assemble and plug flexible containers with solutions or premixed drugs at a rate consistent with production needs.
- Print labeling and bar code information on the flexible containers using a computerized printer.
- Maintain the printer by replacing printer foil, ribbon and by making minor adjustments.
- Supply the filling stations with printed bags and other supplies necessary to assemble the flexible container.
- Inspect and ensure that the printed bags and their components meet quality standards.
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities.
- Perform scheduled quality checks using an assortment of gauges and a scale.
- Learn, understand, and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level, preferred.
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification.
- One year of manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds for a distance up to 50 feet and reaching with hands and arms up to 18 inches.
- Lifting and carrying on average up to 12 pounds frequently throughout the shift.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- Complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands.
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, climb ladders, reach forward, balance, stoop and crouch.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a pay rate of $17.88 an hour.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .