Surgical Technologist - Operating Rooms - Rotating Shift
| Estimated Pay
|$24 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Location: Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GSACH Surgery Team
Date Posted: 08/24/2023
Job ID: R-50798
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer a Surgical Technologist a $7500 hiring incentive for eligible candidates, competitive pay rates, up to $5/hr shift differential for evening, night and weekend shifts and up to $40,000 in financial support to become a nurse!
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical Technologists
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Jennifer Craven at email@example.com.
Assists surgeon with procedures related to the care of patient of all ages during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other disciplines.
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges, needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of procedure.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate containers.
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or equipment used.
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical unit.
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection, pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem care.
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the registered nurse's supervision.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Applicants graduating from a Surgical Technologist program after December 31, 2020, will have 6 months from their date of graduation from the program to become Certified.
Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts, 7:00am - 5:30pm. Weekdays with weekend on-call.