RN-Registered Nurse-Advanced Acute Care Medical/Transplant - Full-time / Part-time
| Estimated Pay
|$38 per hour
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Medical Care Nursing Division
Date Posted: 11/30/2021
Job ID: R-23070
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer an Inpatient RN up to $21,500 hiring incentive for eligible candidates! $36 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts! Unit Location: BP3
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment,
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Courtney Sassaman, Nurse Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment. Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
BP3 is an advanced acute care unit with a focus on organ transplant that offers a challenging and professionally rewarding work environment. Covers a diverse adult patient population on a variety of different services such as Transplant, General Surgery, ENT, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Gynecology and a host of different diagnoses on our Hospitalist Medicine services. BP7 nurses also provide peritoneal dialysis (PD) exchanges and support PD patients throughout the hospital.