Histotechnologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Days) - Full-time / Part-time
About this job
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: Laboratory Surgical Pathology Team
Date Posted: 09/06/2023
Job ID: R-51283
Job Summary$12,500 sign on incentive for qualified applicants! Processes and prepares tissue specimens for examination by Pathologists.
- Processes tissues on processing equipment or by manual methods to ensure proper fixation for examination.
- Identifies and determines proper orientation of tissue specimens and embeds specimens in paraffin to ensure proper alignment for sectioning.
- Performs microtomy at proper micron to render quality sections for diagnoses.
- Produces consistently good quality microscopic slides that can be readily reviewed and interpreted by the Pathologist.
- Performs routine and special staining procedures as required to distinguish cells and organisms for diagnostic examination.
- Maintains equipment, participates in established preventive maintenance program, and alerts Analytical Specialist of any equipment problems.
- Assists in proper handling and storage of supplies, notifies Analytical Specialist when inventory is low.
- Assists with department's Quality Improvement program through active participation in patient specimen identification and quality tracking measures.
- Assists in the evaluation and validation of new instruments and new technologies as needed.
- Participation in completion of assigned initial and subsequent competency assessment examinations required and maintains working knowledge of applicable Laboratory Information System programs and system changes.
- Participates in the training and orientation of new employees.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Join our team at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA! $12,500 sign on bonus for qualified applicants!
This position is anticipated to work 5, 8.5 hour shifts per week with a .5 hour lunch break. Start time will either be 8AM or 9AM.
This position requires an HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP). Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!